Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery life reduction

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else finding the battery life on their ionic is lasting less than 24hrs now. Mine used to go 4-5 days before I had to charge. I did the app update 3 days ago and now I’m lucky if the battery lasts 24 hours

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Do you get a lot of notifications? The new update causes the screen to come on everytime you get a notification. People with a lot have been noticing their battery going flat quickly.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hey Nelly, no I don’t get a lot of notifications, I had heard of this. My battery life reduction coincided with the latest app update three days ago

Best Answer

While longer than 24 hours my battery life has dropped from 5 days to 3 after the last update. Notifications turned off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Steven1709 I had an issue some time ago with 5 days battery life down to 3. I let my battery drain down then fully charged it and performed several restarts in succession and it has been fine ever since. As a rule I always give my devices a restart after charging as I  believe it makes for good housekeeping.

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer

Thanks Tony, I’ll give that a try

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I’ve tried all and it still drains the battery very fast. I’m barely getting 24 hours out of it now. When I took it off charge at 100% it dropped to 95% in less than a minute. All I get from Fitbit is the generic email responses about the battery only designed to last 24 hours. They don’t seem interested in the fact the product used to go 4-5 days before I had to recharge it. Since the app update on the 23rd of January which was supposed to increase performance issues, it has gone to garbage. It needs charging more often than my wife’s Apple Watch.

I don’t think I’ll get another Fitbit if this is the way they’re going now. Most of the chats on here seem to be complaints and when you read them, Fiibit just post the usual garbage, their product is definitely gone downhill

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mbalenz Thanks for trying, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that makes a difference? Can I also ask if you are using an an official Fitbit watchface or a 3rd party one? And also just to elimiante do you have any apps installed on your Ionic and in particular anything new? 

Tony | UK

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn't gotten that bad, but it's only lasting at max two days now. And, you're right, it's only started after the app update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tony.rGood practice... I hadn't restarted my Ionic for a few weeks and after yesterdays charge it lost 45% overnight.. I normally lose only 0.51%/hr and get about 6.5 days with no GPS.  I did a restart and that arrested the issue and I let it got for another 2.5 days and recharged at 27%.

In the past the restarting has arrested this sudden drain issue so I will no do as you do.. Restart after a charge..  Well done.

@Tony.r wrote:

@Steven1709 I had an issue some time ago with 5 days battery life down to 3. I let my battery drain down then fully charged it and performed several restarts in succession and it has been fine ever since. As a rule I always give my devices a restart after charging as I  believe it makes for good housekeeping.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

@Colinm39 good to hear it worked for you. Since I've been restarting after every charge,  I have never experienced any excessive battery drains and always manage 5 days use between charge cycles. 

Tony | UK

Best Answer