Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to charge?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So what is the best way to charge your Ionic battery to keep the battery in good shape? 

Is it best to let the charge go way down then do a full battery charge?

Or is it ok to fully charge the battery then everyday charge it for like 30 mins to top it off? 

I ask ask because I wear mine all the time except in the shower, so I thought charging it while I was showering was the easiest thing to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The resultant damp towel from that shower is the best tool for keeping your Ionic, and its band, clean and new looking @KarenLeah - no chemicals or abrasives just a quick wipe down; not so much as a good charging time.  Lithium cells have three properties you should be aware of (both in your tracker and in your mobile) a) heat shortens their lifespan b) draining to empty shortens their lifespan and c) you have a set number of "cycles" in its lifetime.  Knowing these properties, the longest lifetime can be achieved by waiting until the device asks to be charged without letting it run dry and never leave it abandoned after two hours of charging.  I have an original Surge that continues to outlast my newer Blaze and even newer Ionic holding a charge. Your battery is not replaceable and going for "max life" is a great idea - terrific question!

Link to Official fitbit charging info

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

The resultant damp towel from that shower is the best tool for keeping your Ionic, and its band, clean and new looking @KarenLeah - no chemicals or abrasives just a quick wipe down; not so much as a good charging time.  Lithium cells have three properties you should be aware of (both in your tracker and in your mobile) a) heat shortens their lifespan b) draining to empty shortens their lifespan and c) you have a set number of "cycles" in its lifetime.  Knowing these properties, the longest lifetime can be achieved by waiting until the device asks to be charged without letting it run dry and never leave it abandoned after two hours of charging.  I have an original Surge that continues to outlast my newer Blaze and even newer Ionic holding a charge. Your battery is not replaceable and going for "max life" is a great idea - terrific question!

Link to Official fitbit charging info

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer