Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze and Ionic steps accuracy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have owned both the Blaze and Ionic and for the life of me.....cannot get them to give me an accurate step count or distance. I do a lot of repetitive arm movements, switched dominant and non dominant hands, calibrated, etc. None of it works. I'll hit 10,000 steps, but be no where near 5 miles. The best tracker was Fitbit One. I would wear it in my bra and get accurate readings. I've even worn it while wearing the Blaze or Ionic. Result - counts no where even close. Help!!!!!

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Labgal319 I have moved your post to the Ionic forums where it will get more visibility (you posted in the Charge 3 forums) and hopefully more help.

In my experience, my personal 10,000 steps is usually around 4.15 miles.  In order for me to get to 5 miles, I need to do roughly 12,000 steps.  Stride length is personal, of course, but that's just to give you an idea.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Labgal319 let me give you a warm welcome to our Community! I'm glad to give you a hand with your steps concern. Thanks for moving this post and for your suggestions @Heather-S, happy to see you again.

I'd like to share with you that Fitbit devices have a finely tuned algorithm for step counting. The algorithm is designed to look for motion patterns that are most indicative of people walking. If you wear a wrist-based device and move your body while keeping your arms still (or vice versa), you may see a slightly different step count than if you wear a device clipped to your clothing.

If you wear your device in a loose-fitting accessory such as a bangle or pendant, you may see a slightly different step count than if you wear a classic wristband. During workouts and sleep, we recommend wearing the classic wristband. Make sure the wristband fits securely but isn't too tight. I recommend you to check this help article for more information and details.

I'll be around. Let me know if you have any additional questions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes