Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic screen blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic has black screen, the sensor on the back is not lit up, it appears to be dead. Tried resetting it and nothing happened. The app is reading that my battery is at medium, but it has been charging for about 90 minutes now anyway and still no signs of life.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Crawfordtn How long have you had your Ionic? I will flag your post for a moderators assistance.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic is doing the exact same thing. Happened around 4:30 MST. I have had mine about a year.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine also did tried turning it on and nothing. Plugged it into the charger also nothing. Glad I’m not the only one with this problem..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Woke up at six and mine has done the same. My app says it last synced at 4:30. Just dead now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue - have tried various resets and can feel the vibration for reset but screen remains blank - app can still find watch but as reset pressed I now can’t connect at all because I can’t see the screen for access code. It seems that an awful lot of people reporting the same issue but no information on why so many experiencing same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourselves and thanks for the input @NellyG.

@Crawfordtn@Maklouaug@Jeffersonc, @SunsetRunner and @Jessie_M, if you haven't tried to change your clock faces, I recommend trying this by following the instructions provided in the help article: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had it for a year and 4 months, so just past the warranty period, of course. I left it on charge overnight and it's still dead.

When I try to change the clock face, I get "unable to connect to Ionic"  - error connecting with Ionic. Please make sure your Fitbit is nearby and powered on and then please try again.

Moderator edit: content

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife's Ionic has the same symptoms. 15 months old, barely out of warranty. Last sync at 1:24 AM yesterday morning. She woke up and it's dead. No lights, no connection, can't reset. Did all the suggested solutions including cleaning the contacts on the device and cable and nothing works. Called support yesterday evening and the only thing they could offer was 40% off a new one. What concerns me is the number of community posts with the same problem. Seems like a defect or at least a defective batch of devices. My Ionic is about a month older than hers and still good so far (knock on wood) but for the price they should definitely last longer the 15 months!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your participation in the Community.

@Crawfordtn, since the instructions provided didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@mwisch, it's great to hear that you contacted our support team and were offered a discount. If you are interested in using that discount, in this page you will be able to compare all of our products, where you can find the one that meet your needs.

Let me know if you need anything else. 😉

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

On April 20, 2019 my fitbit was working perfectly fine at 4:30 MST in fact it recorded my 10,000 step and then my continued activity.  Within 1 hour it was completely dead similar to other people's. I know my battery was fine, because I did not receive any alerts.  I have tried multiple times to reset it following the instructions.  I have even gone as far as to try and factory reset multiple times using those instructions.  I charged it for over 4 hours and there is still no response to my watch.  My app is no longer syncing of course.  Obviously if you search the community this is not uncommon occurrence. Please advise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not risking getting another device that lasts barely over a year. Went to store to purchase another with extended warranty, but extended not available Bought another brand. Fix the problem FITBIT!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Reported the problem to Fitbit on Thursday and they sent me a replacement yesterday

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same here as well.  Suddenly battery life went to a day or two and now black screen, have had for just over a year. Would like a solution ASAP as I shouldn’t have to bug a new one. I’m reading about many other barely making a year of shelf life with their ionics 

Best Answer
0 Votes