Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blinking Fitbit logo on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

have an iconic which refuses to sync and is just black and flashes the iconic fit bit logo. I’ve tried a reset etc and nothing works. Any help is appreciated.  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jmcnamara82! Thanks for letting me know what you've tried so far to solve the issue, nice way to go!

Well, this usually happens when your Fitbit is trying to update the firmware version or when the software gets stuck. You can try to unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic Classic) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything):

1. Unpair your Ionic.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The Fitbit app needs to be updated
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

After making sure about that, try setting up your Ionic again.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Jmcnamara82! Thanks for letting me know what you've tried so far to solve the issue, nice way to go!

Well, this usually happens when your Fitbit is trying to update the firmware version or when the software gets stuck. You can try to unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic Classic) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything):

1. Unpair your Ionic.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The Fitbit app needs to be updated
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

After making sure about that, try setting up your Ionic again.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes