Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth get's disabled

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After installing my Ionic on Windows 10 laptop, the Bluetooth service stops because "it is reporting problems".  I have had the laptop for over a year with no Bluetooth issues, and the Ionic is the only change I have made in the past few months.

Has anyone else had issues with their Bluetooth stopping?  I continually have to remove the driver from the Device Manager and restart the machine to fix the issue, and it is getting old...

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @kcassidy35,

I haven't experienced that with the Ionic and Windows 10. 

Windows is pretty bad about how it reports errors. I would go into Event Viewer and see what the particular error is. It may be under System, or App or Hardware Events.  There will be plenty of data to sift through, so pour yourself a refreshing drink first. If you find it, post it here and we'll try to help from there.

Do you have other Bluetooth devices connected to this laptop? If so, can you remove them temporarily and see if that changes anything?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've removed the Bluetooth driver, deleted Bluetooth devices, and still have the same result. I've looked through the error reports, but the issue is pretty basic: the Ionic installation has created errors in the system which has caused the device to malfunction and not sync properly.  I don't appear to be the only person with sync issues, and a common statement from other users is that it isn't what is expected from a $300 device.  I agree, and I'm glad that I got it from Best Buy, which has a 30 day return policy.  

Best Answer