Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth interference with other devices

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have learned that smartwatch bluetooth technology interferes with the Bluetooth technology used on some spin bikes that record bike info.

Is there a way to turn off the Bluetooth on the watch so that it doesn’t interfere? 

Will turning off the IPhone prevent the watch from trying to sync/search for a device?

Will these still allow the Ionic to record heart rate for future syncing? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Adroblaw,  to deal with your specific questions:

-- You cannot turn off Bluetooth on any Fitbit device as long as the device is turned on.

-- If your iPhone is turned off yur Ionic BT will still be on and it will still potentially be able to search for and connect another device.

-- if your phone is turned off your Ionic will still record your HR and other info for furture syncing as long as your Ionic is on,

To deal with the general issue -- I have not heard any reports of the Ionic Bluetooth interfering with any gym equipment.  

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
Thank you! It is possible it was someone else’s device, Apple Watch etc. this had never happened to my before while wearing the Ionic.

Aron Robinson
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AdroblawBluetooth interference is definitely an issue.. A typical example this very minute I decided to use my Fitbit Connect to sync my Ionic.. Failed every time...So another try and in the middle of Fitbit Connect searching for the Ionic I turned the phone off... Immediately, the Fitbit Connect found the tracker and synced..

I have reported this in other posts as well.. I have come from many years of using Fitbit and Support used to always tell us be careful of extraneous Bluetooth..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, hi, yes, @Colinm39, that's definitely true -- my phone won't sync my Fitbits if my iPad BT is on.  

I was referring to, snd I think the questin was about, gym equipment which sometimes will work with particular devices (i.e. polar watches at my gym).  I have never found these interfered with Fitbit operation, because they can't really communicate with them, and I haven't seen any reports about this.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G  Thanks for confirming that.. Some just don't believe this happens.

So to reconfirm, I just turned the Bluetooth off on the phone and voila.!!!!!.. Immediate multi sync with Fitbit Connect.. with the benefit of the extra steps from the Fitbit One on the Ionic..

They were referring to Bluetooth interference on the gym equipment so that might depend on what was happening..

But, I have just tried to use my Kardia ECG device, Bluetooth tp phone, and that came up with the message, "too much interference".  I put the PC into sleep mode, still no good.  The other variable, I had the phone on the charger.. Disconnected that, and an immediate sync.. Still with the Ionic on my wrist and the One in my pocket.. Smiley Happy A normal ECG...

@Julia_G wrote:

Oh, hi, yes, @Colinm39, that's definitely true -- my phone won't sync my Fitbits if my iPad BT is on.  

I was referring to, snd I think the questin was about, gym equipment which sometimes will work with particular devices (i.e. polar watches at my gym).  I have never found these interfered with Fitbit operation, because they can't really communicate with them, and I haven't seen any reports about this.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes