Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth pairing error message but device is properly syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

“Your ionic and iphone are having trouble communicating.  Try “forgetting” the Bluetooth pair in the Settings app”

Can anyone help with this?  Although my Ionic is syncing fine this error message is highly annoying. I’ve tried “forgetting” the Bluetooth pair and also tried forgetting the Fitbit app several times.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

It's great to see you around @SOULEMAN. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. It's pretty weird that you're receiving this message but your Ionic is syncing properly to your account. 

I would like you to log out from your app and force quit it. After this, check if your Ionic sync normally to your app. If after this troubleshooting, you're still receiving the same message, please provide me with a screenshot of it. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, pretty weird and extremely frustrating. I will try your suggestions  

Best Answer

I tried all troubleshooting suggestions but still having issues. Screenshot is attached.  

62FC867E-1778-478A-A5BC-D6DC5BA1A013.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is another screenshot. You can see it synced “sync complete” but still receiving error message. I’ve tried every troubleshooting option multiple times. 

198869F4-CBE0-4159-BDFA-6E112B4D3B26.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SOULEMAN Thanks for the screenshots shared. 

I would like you to try turning off Bluetooth and then set up your Ionic as a new device. Since, you're not removing your Ionic from your account but just setting it up again you will get the option to replace it, please do so and check if it works normal after this. Could you let me know the mobile device you're using? 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone XS Max

iOS 13.1.2
Ionic 68.9.15

I will try your below suggestions to troubleshoot. 

Best Answer

@SOULEMAN Thank you for getting back.  

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem as the original poster. I've done all the suggested steps numerous times. This all started with the last update on the iphone app.

Best Answer
0 Votes