Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calibrating the Ionic?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few times since I got my Ionic (on Monday), it has popped up a message about Calibrating it. I'm never home or at my desk at work when it asks me this. Is there a way to manually start that?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello Ionic Community,

Yesterday evening, during an outdoor activity (light basketball), my Ionic stopped tracking my steps and HR.  I have since taken several steps to re-activate the sensors, including rebooting the device, a factory reset, upgrading to OS 2.1, etc., all to no avail.  After searching the forums and finding this recent calibration thread, I followed Matt's steps and am still getting a calibration error every time I am prompted to calibrate, despite leaving it plugged in and on a flat surface. Either way, the device isn't currently tracking anything properly, including steps or HR.  Any ideas?

Here's my firmware version: 27.32.10.15

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Accretion Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the calibration error message on your Ionic. Thanks for trying the steps on that thread.

Yesterday the new firmware version for Ionic started to roll out (OS 2.1.1 or version 32.10.20). This is, as usual, a progressive roll out so if you haven't received it already; you should in the following days. This includes some fixes so it is worth giving it a try. Check this post for more details about it. 

In the meanwhile, the calibration error shouldn't interfere with the functionality of your watch. You can temporarily dismiss the message by tapping "Later".

Hope this helps. Let me know the outcome! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

No, the calibration procedure can't be user started.

Best Answer

Couple of weeks ago after updated firmware, my ionic will notify me to to do start calibration. At first, I click “start” to do the calibration. But next day it still require me to do so. I have been chatted with tech supporters regarding this problem. First one told me I have one update is pending, it will solve the problem while updating is done. But it isn’t. So the second tech supporter said he created ticket for me regarding this issue...seems still not resolve yet. Anyone has same issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have encountered the same behavior. It started after the previous update. I was instructed to perform a restart of my Ionic at that time. The restart stopped the daily calibration reminders. After the recent update, I again started receiving the daily calibration reminders. I have since restarted my Ionic and the daily calibration reminders have again stopped occurring.

Will be interesting to see if they return after a future update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restart ionic seems not work for me. The only improvement I got is after the first previous update ( I mean when first time encounter the calibration issue after updating), the calibration pop up several times daily. After second time update till now only pop up once at the end of day, I just ignore it. But still annoy me. My ionic version is 27.32.10.20. Waiting another update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit ionic v 32.10.20 quit recording my steps and HR at noon yesterday. I haven’t seen the green light on the back of my watch and I it gets an error when calibrating. 

I did a restart twice then a factory reset and am now very worried. 

Best Answer

@hgmason wrote:

My Fitbit ionic v 32.10.20 quit recording my steps and HR at noon yesterday. I haven’t seen the green light on the back of my watch and I it gets an error when calibrating. 

I did a restart twice then a factory reset and am now very worried. 

If none of that worked, time to contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

Hello Hgmason,

I got the same exact faults ,

Will you please let me know how things ended up with you ? 

Any suggestions 

Best regards 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, they sent me a new one. It was around 4 months in. Good news is this new one has lasted a little over a year and is still consistently working well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes