Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories continue when taking break

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m lifting weights & when I take my break the calorie burned keeps going. So I believe it seems to be overestimating my calorie burned?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit includes your BMR (basal metabolic rate) calorie burn, calories you are always burning just to stay alive.  And even besides that, calorie burn is based on heart rate which might still be elevated somewhat on an exercise break.

From How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? 

JohnnyRow_0-1702695028204.png

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Fitbit includes your BMR (basal metabolic rate) calorie burn, calories you are always burning just to stay alive.  And even besides that, calorie burn is based on heart rate which might still be elevated somewhat on an exercise break.

From How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? 

JohnnyRow_0-1702695028204.png

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bunify. Thank you for sharing your calories inqyuiry.

Fitbit Ionic is currently on a recall. Please contact our team for more information about Ionic refund, please visit our web page at help.fitbit.com/ionic.

Thank you for the assistance @JohnnyRow.

I wanted to let you know that I'm going to close this thread to keep the community organized and prevent any confusion.

Best Answer
0 Votes