Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I do this on the Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using the Charge 2 for the past couple of weeks and very much enjoy it and find the data useful. I have a little less than a week in which I can return it for full refund, which I'm planning to do in order to upgrade to something that'll do more.

Basics, I want something that can do all the following (as well as HR) alone...without bringing my phone:

1. GPS
  2. Music
  3. Audio cues for interval running (countdown timer till next interval would be really nice). I sometimes run with my dog on leash and find the CH2 does not vibrate hard or long enough for me to notice sometimes.
  4. Do all these things at the same time

I know I can get this with the Apple Watch but I hate the idea of such a short battery life and I really like the Fitbit phone app for one stop analysis of my stats.

I know that I can do #1, #2, but I don't know if I can do #3, and in particular, #2 and #3 at the same time. I'd love to pick the brains of someone who uses this watch.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I ended up finding an Apple Watch Series 2 at Walmart for $200 so went with that. The device does everything I want except for having a good battery life. I'll miss the fitbit app on my phone working with the watch but I look forward to a more seamless experience in terms of music transfer and a certain future in terms of device support. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I ended up finding an Apple Watch Series 2 at Walmart for $200 so went with that. The device does everything I want except for having a good battery life. I'll miss the fitbit app on my phone working with the watch but I look forward to a more seamless experience in terms of music transfer and a certain future in terms of device support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Audio cues during an exercise are not present.  That is probably my biggest disappointment.

Best Answer
@Micahnatorxwrote:

I've been using the Charge 2 for the past couple of weeks and very much enjoy it and find the data useful. I have a little less than a week in which I can return it for full refund, which I'm planning to do in order to upgrade to something that'll do more.

Basics, I want something that can do all the following (as well as HR) alone...without bringing my phone:

1. GPS
  2. Music
  3. Audio cues for interval running (countdown timer till next interval would be really nice). I sometimes run with my dog on leash and find the CH2 does not vibrate hard or long enough for me to notice sometimes.
  4. Do all these things at the same time

I know I can get this with the Apple Watch but I hate the idea of such a short battery life and I really like the Fitbit phone app for one stop analysis of my stats.

I know that I can do #1, #2, but I don't know if I can do #3, and in particular, #2 and #3 at the same time. I'd love to pick the brains of someone who uses this watch.

Thanks,

You can setup your Ionic via the "Exercise Settings (each exercise has separate settings available)" and receive ALL three of what you are seeking.  You just need to tell your Ionic what you want it to do.  HOWEVER, for option #2, it will NOT be an audio response, but instead you will receive screen and Haptic (Vibration) Feedback via your Ionic.   Works very well and is very customizable as well!

Hope this helped and keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @GySgt_Seidell. Yes I understand that fitbits use haptic feedback to notify change of interval. If you re-read my post I say that it does not vibrate hard or long enough for me to notice when I'm running with my dog on leash. There's probably enough going on between running and managing the dog that the vibration doesn't get noticed by me.

I ended up getting an excellent deal on an apple watch so I'll be going down that road with all its pros and cons. There is an app that I've already put on that has extremely customization interval routines with audio cues, half way mark alerts, and even count down timer until the next interval.

I found myself always trying to read my CH2 to see how long left because sometimes I would just keep running past the little vibration alert. Anything I can do to make things smoother out there is great for me.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes