Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Control Music from Spotify on my Watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So spotify is out.  I pay for a premium family plan so I'm not switching five people to another music service.  So I decide to just put music on my watch.

*blink blink*

I have to go through my computer and wifi only.  Guess who doesn't have a computer?  I use a tablet at home.  So I take it to work.  Network authentication type not supported.

*blink blink*

I'm dyin'!

So I have no music on my watch.  At this point I am considering a refund.  For 300 bucks, I should be able to have a streamlined way to add music.  I keep going back to my Gear Fit 2 anyway.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@runninginalabam Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with music control on Ionic.

In this case, you can control Spotify music on yoour phone through the watch. It is not possible to transfer to music from Spotify to the watch itself..

To control music on your watch you need to turn on Bluetooth Classic; please do the following:

1. Open the Settings app on your watch > Bluetooth > Pair
  2. On your phone, navigate to the Bluetooth settings where paired devices are listed. Your phone will scan for available devices.
  3. When you see "Classic” next to your Fitbit device, tap it.

This should allow you to control Spotify music from your watch, no need to go to a computer. For more information on control music, check this helpful article.

Hope this helps Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't want to control spotify from my watch...i want to stream spotify while running without my phone or put music on my watch to listen to while runnning...are you saying I can stream spotify? Or is there another way to put music on my watch?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet
Best Answer
0 Votes

@runninginalabam Sorry bud, FB can't help you here. Either you go with Deezer or crappy Pandora.

My advice, get your money back

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what I'm feelin' too...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are contact Spotify and encourage them to join up with Fitbit, to get a Spotify app released for the ionic. 

And add your vote to the suggestion. 

Spotify for Ionic/Versa

Best Answer