Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install firmware update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just purchased the Fitbit iconic  I have attempted on private networks public networks at restaurants and libraries hotspots you name it and I cannot get the initial set up Download and install.. Screen constantly says searching for iconic keep plugged in and charged may take a while... After hours on several devices to locate the iconic I Constantly get error messages To attempt on Bluetooth or try again!!! I'm at the point of returning it for my money back since obviously there is a major issue with the OS on the iconic 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Just purchased the  Fitbit iconic  I have attempted on private networks public networks at restaurants and libraries hotspots you name it and I cannot get the initial set up Download and install.. Screen constantly says searching for iconic keep plugged in and charged may take a while... After hours on several devices to locate the iconic I Constantly get error messages To attempt on Bluetooth or try again!!!   I'm at the point of returning it for my money back since obviously there is a major issue with the OS on the iconic..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner It's nice to see you on the Community. I appreciate the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. I would like you to try the tips mentioned in this article: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Before you begin the firmware update, charge your device and confirm you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed on your phone or tablet. Note the following:

• If you update your device at midnight (when your step count resets) you may see an inaccurate step count for 24 hours.
  • Updates may take up to an hour or more to complete.
  • Leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone, which allows a small portion of the firmware update to download to your Fitbit device each time you sync. To check that all-day sync is turned on: In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab SilviaFitbit_0-1576181864264.png > your profile picture > your device image > confirm All-Day Sync is on.

Also, take into consideration that the update needs to be done from a private network or your phone's internet. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just returned my 2 day old fitbit iconic to bestbuy. Refunded and bought the to of line galaxy watch for $60 more. This was a truely (ICONIC) failure in a product. Good riddens!

Best Answer
0 Votes