Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "Enable notifications" since update - Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm using an android phone. I updated the app and my Ionic yesterday and I've had no notifications since. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and removed and paired the watch again, but it still won't work. I keep hitting the "Enable notifications" button within the app and it takes me through to the list of apps, fitbit is enabled and there is no option to save. If I hit back, it just takes me to "enable notifications" again and if I close the app and try again then it just does the same thing. I can't get to the point where I can select the specific apps I want notifications from. Any ideas anyone? Fitbit, can you please help?

So frustrated yet again! Don't roll out updates if they don't fully work! I got rid of my original ionic before Christmas and then purchased another a few weeks ago believing all these things had been ironed out! When you pay this price for tech you expect it to be fully tested and working pretty much seemlessly! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@RubyEng The individual apps don’t show up in the list until a notification from the app is received from the phone. At least that is how it used to be. A bit odd when you first encounter it. Then you can select to have that app’s notifications forwarded.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your help, but that might have worked in your case but has never been the case in all the years I've had a fitbit. 

I've literally restarted everything now, the phone Bluetooth, the watch and I can now select the apps! Fingers crossed that's done the job. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RubyEngwrote:

but has never been the case in all the years I've had a fitbit. 

I've literally restarted everything now, the phone Bluetooth, the watch and I can now select the apps! Fingers crossed that's done the job. 

No, it was a quirk with the Ionic and caught many out when it first came out but glad you’ve now got it working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On IOS? Not on android. It didn't happen the first time I set my ionic up on Android.

Best Answer
0 Votes