Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add credit card to Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I continously try to add a credit card to my new ionic but always the following message appeares:

” There was an error adding this card to Fitbit Pay. Please try again once. If the problem persists, contact Fitbit support.”

I had an old Ionic which has been replaced by Fitbit from warranty reason. I have been able to succesfully add the same card on that device and succesfully use Fitbit Pay without any problem. It is not the case with the new devise.i did everything:

- removing the app and installing again;

- turning off and on the iphone;

- I removed the Fitbit Pay from the my account dashboard.

- I tried to remove wallet app but I coudn’t.

- I also disabled the device lock.

everything was unsuccsesfull. I am not able to add my card. Every time the above mentioned message error pops up.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@nsurdu61 Hi there! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting, it's pretty weird that you're unable to add this card to your new Fitbit Ionic. 

Please try the following troubleshooting: 

- Restart your Ionic and phone 

- Restart Bluetooth on your phone 

- Force quit the app 

If you're still unable to add your card please let me know the card that you're trying to add. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Hi there,

It is not working. I tried the actions you indicated in the order that you post it, but also randomly. Each time the error message I did mention pops up. It appears when the app tries to contact the card issuer.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

@nsurdu61 Thank you for getting back. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I'm facing exactly the same problem. Could you please help me? Thanks.

Best Answer

I just got my second Ionic as my first ionic were unable to charge. I also cannot add my credit card to the wallet. Looks like it is a common problem. Pls help. 

Best Answer

Ever get it resolved? I'm having the exact same issue. Never had issue loading cards onto wallet with first two Ionics. But my new, 3rd Ionic is not taking the card. 2021 Dec.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up trying. This is also my third Ionic. The biggest problem is the charging. I have to throw away the other 2 watches because it just fail to charge anymore. Sometime wrong with the charging contact. Will not buy any more of this watch.

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Apologies but I can’t remember. Tried many things and eventually something worked. Was a real pain and I understand your frustration.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes