Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Fitbit Ionic to update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just replaced my Ionic that I purchased 6 months ago because it stopped working. I remember that I had a difficult time setting up the Ionic 6 months ago and it seems I am having the same problem with this one. I think it may have went through the setup correctly although I am not certain if it did or not as I did not get any confirmation that the setup was complete. It now wants me to do an update. I have been trying for about 45 minutes with no success. I keep getting the message "Could not complete your Fitbit Ionic update" with a Retry Update button. I have probably clicked Retry Update two dozen times. I am running the Fitbit app on Windows 10. I checked that the Ionic and the computer is Bluetooth paired, and it is. So anyone have any suggestions on actually getting the computer and Ionic to communicate with each other?

I wish the Fitbit customer service would read these post. I would like to tell them that unless the quality of this $400 watch goes way up this will be the last Fitbit that I will ever purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @dl.atkinson - Are you connected to wifi? Updating by Bluetooth can be a problem.

Best Answer