Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set phone notification.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I go to the app to select which type of notifications, there are no options for phone class, texts or emails. There just seems to be the default options

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SimonRoe and welcome to the forum.

Would you be so kind to post a screenshot? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Screen shot as requested.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @SimonRoe, it's nice to see you around the forums! Woman Very Happy  Thanks for the help @Giampi71.

The notifications you're not able to set up? Ionic can receive call, text and app notifications make sure you can receive app notifications on your phone. For example, you can receive Facebook notifications on your Fitbit device, but only if you also receive them on your phone. Find the notifications permissions under Settings > Notifications.

1. In the phone itself  select "Settings", "Notifications", "Mail/Facebook" then ensure "Allow Notifications" is enabled.

2. In Mail/Facebook select "Settings" and ensure "Show Notifications" is enabled.

As Ionic can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and make your choices. If an installed app is missing from the list, sync your device and then check again.

If the notifications are still not coming through, please check the article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone

From the clock face, swipe down to see your notifications and tap one to expand for more detail. Your watch stores your 30 most recent notifications and automatically deletes them after 24 hours. The information that appears depends on the notification:

• Phone call—The caller's name or number. If you have an iPhone, you can also accept or reject calls on your watch.
  • Text message—The sender's name or number and the message.
  • Calendar event—The name, location, and time of the event.
  • Email—The sender’s name, subject, and contents of the message.
  • App notification—The app name and contents of the message. App-specific icons may also appear.

NOTIFICATION TIPS

• To delete 1 notification, tap the notification > Clear.
  • To delete all notifications at once, swipe to the top of your notifications and tap Clear All.
  • If a notification is long, tap it to see the rest of the message contents. 
  • To exit the notifications screen, press the back button or swipe up.
  • If you clear a notification from your watch, the notification is removed from your phone's notification center. If you clear a notification from your phone, the notification is removed from your watch.

Ps. the image you posted, didn't upload correctly. You can try again by taping or clicking the photos option. 

photos.PNG

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes