Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot set up the Ionic Device on Android App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI Fitbit,

Really need you to solve this issue as I just outlaid a lot of money for a device that I cannot even set up. Have you done something to prevent new users from adding devices? Is there an overload on your system resulting in users not being able to set up the new Ionic device on their Fitbit App?

I have removed all Bluetooth devices from my mobile (including Blaze) to try and set up my new Ionic - nothing works.

Please provide detailed steps to rectify this problem otherwise I will be returning the device as faulty and asking for my money back.

Regards,

Pissed off, former loyal Fitbit Customer

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Feeling your pain! ! Been so excited to get this new watch.  Now can't get past the set up page. Soon as I request to set up new device it takes me straight back to the same request. Have deleted my old charge hr. So don't understand. ..feeling pretty frustrated and missing out on my steps for the day!!!! Please help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my watch and the same thing is happening to mine. Can't get past set up screen. Very frustrating. This is the first fitbit I wasn't able to set up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No luck in setting mind up. Android App crashes soon after the Wifi is set on it and I tried the Windows app on my laptop to no avail. Will try once or twice more but at this point I think I may have to return it for a refund.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if anyone got this resolved, but i had the same - using Andorid 6.0.1 on my One Plus 2, when setting up it would repeatedly ask for the 4 digit pin.

Eventually gave up on the One Plus and tried my old Samsung S4. Paired immediately.

Checked on the Fitbit compatability list, and the One Plus 2 isnt listed, (One Plus 1 is!), and the S4 IS listed.

Contacted fitbit and they told me that they cant ensure the ionic works with all devices, and they will take into account details i provided.

Meanwhile, although it paired and did firmware update on the S4, the Ionic was having lots of problems syncing with the One Plus (now that it was linked to my fitbit account), and the S4 that it was setup on.

From looking at other threads, there is suppose to be a fix for this on its way, but I'm not waiting around for it to arrive. I've returned the device and *IF* a working fix is provided, i will look into it again. Meanwhile i'll stick to my working charge 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

did you find any solution to your issues, i am having same issues on S8 note...Soon as I request to set up new device it takes me straight back to the same request.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey guys,

does anyone having issues with iconic on S8 note ?

Soon as I request to set up new device it takes me straight back to the same request....did rebooted phone, removed Surge, Bluetooth turned on/off...nothing seem to help....any advise greatly appreciated!

Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone tried setting up their devices on a computer and not a phone?  Often times this approach is much easier.

If you need the instructions, I am including them here.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Iconic do not come with any Fitbit USB dongle ...like it used to have for previous iteration of product..( charge HR or surge)

My issues was resolved after i uninstalled fitbit app and rebooted s8 and reinstalled fitbit app again...

also need to be quite patient while iconic is connecting for 1st time to Fitbit app on cell..like 15-20 mins!

Hope this may help someone else 🙂

Thanks

G

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @gartriv, thanks for stopping by! Smiley Very Happy I'm so happy to hear that you were able to setup your Fitbit Ionic with your S8 after uninstalling/reinstalling your app and rebooting your phone.

If you face with syncing issues between your Ionic and your S8, please check and follow the troubleshooting steps from this article "Why won't my Fitbit device sync?".

As a plus, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

You're right @DramaQueenDiva, sometimes it's faster that way. 

Let us know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The solution for me was to uninstall the app and re-install.

Best Answer
0 Votes