Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirming swimming usage

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got an Ionic 4 days ago after making sure that it can be used for fitness tracking while swimming (I swim competitively so I'm in the pool 4-5 times a week for ~2hrs working out). After my first practice with it, my new Ionic was performing a bit sluggish... still happens on occasion.

Is this normal? I saw it's rated for 50M, but before I start trying to troubleshoot additional things, can someone confirm this is designed to be used like this? Deepest I go is maybe 5M max.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, its made for swimming and you can see plenty of reviews on youtube. I'm not sure what you mean by the Ionic performing sluggish but after my swims it continues to work just fine. I'm not listening to music while I swim but I do keep "Always-on Screen" on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks... 

The last two days it's freaked out on two occasions where it won't stop vibrating and the screen gets real laggy / sluggish and the screen shows that no output device is connected (which is correct, but it keeps showing that). After a while it catches up and settles down, but at times I have to do a hard restart on it. Just making it wasn't water related.

Best Answer
0 Votes

BTW, my sluggish comment is not just about swimming, but the general device experience. I find the UX gets behind when I'm trying to do some stuff and I have to wait for it to catch up.

Today I'm wearing it on one arm and my 1yr old Apple Watch Series 2... the performance between the two devices is noticeable & disappointing. I want this to work, but I'm about to return it and pay just a few extra bucks for the Apple Watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

BTW, my sluggish comment is not just about swimming, but the general device experience. I find the UX gets behind when I'm trying to do some stuff and I have to wait for it to catch up.

Today I'm wearing it on one arm and my 1yr old Apple Watch Series 2... the performance between the two devices is noticeable & disappointing. I want this to work, but I'm about to return it and pay just a few extra bucks for the Apple Watch.

Maybe there is something wrong with your device. I've only had mine a month now, but have never seen any sluggishness at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm... just a few days old. Maybe exchange is required to give the device another chance...

Best Answer
0 Votes