Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing messages from Fitbit Windows 10 App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden I am getting a message from the Fitbit Windows 10 app that asks me "Let Fitbit unpair your device from Ionic.  Yes or No."  The "device" in question is my Windows 10 desktop PC.

Why is it asking this?  It just starting syncing again after I finally was able to get the app to pair them. Now I'm confused as to why it wants to unpair them.

The Ionic synced with my Android phone (finally) but this data didn't appear on my dashboard in Fitbit.com or in the Windows 10 app for some strange reason. 

Anybody else had this message?  What is the correct response -- I don't want to go through a hassle again to get the syncing to work?

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, it's good to see you back in the Community.

@Joshie127@MarkW_EDM@Swiftnick@Ozwoody and @Audaxis Welcome to Community Forums.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
16 REPLIES 16

Hi @anitacan,

Interesting, I got that message once on Windows 10. I just selected "no", as I didn't want to go through the pairing process again. It never asked again, so hopefully that will be the case with you. Let us know how it goes.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I get the messages frequently every day.   I check no, but like you I am concerned as to why I receive the message.

Best Answer

I also get this message every time I start the Fitbit Windows 10 App.  Has anyone determined why or how to stop it?

Best Answer

Same here just got my Ionic, second day with it and get the same messages, keep clicking "No" but still comes up each time I load Fitbit app on my Win10 Laptop.

Best Answer

Getting same message every time I open W10 app, ever since latest firmware update.  Any answers out there?

Best Answer

And now the same is happening with the Versa! ':D

Best Answer

Same with my Versa. I get the same notification, but now my device will not sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This started happening to me, following a Windows 10 update.  What's the answer?

Best Answer

I get this message frequently (perhaps 1 in 3 days).  When selecting no the app does sync the device after a delay.  And then another pop up "Bonding Failed.  Restart the app to try again."

Also the Inspire doesn't sync typically if the battery level goes below 70%.  And one time it wouldn't count steps after charging, and restarting the Inspire requires it to be connected to the charging dongle.

All told, between the app and the device, Fitbit is pretty flakey!

Best Answer

I was getting this message all the time as well, so I clicked YES.

I then resynced within the Windows 10 Fitbit app and was prompted to reconnect to my Versa 2.

Since I did this, I have not seen any more messages.

I believe that it has to do with the Swift Pair function in windows 10, but am not sure if that is even a new feature or not.

Regardless, no more messages since I did the above.

Best Answer

This just started and support has no answer. If I reply YES no more sync. If I replay NO it syncs and the message reappears again. Real pain in butt.

Using Windows 10 app.

Best Answer

My problem, too.  I can't get rid of the message; I press NO but it does not go away.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I learn to live with it. Just reply NO when you want to get a refresh of the Windows 10 dashboard with BP reading.

If it  gets hung up go to your tablet or cell phone and get it to sync and then come back to your Windows 10 computer and reclick the Fitbit icon for the dashboard. They are not supporting Windows 10 and the nice big display of the dashboard on my big screen TV monitor.... but you can struggle through it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

worked for me. thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This appears to have worked for me as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, it's good to see you back in the Community.

@Joshie127@MarkW_EDM@Swiftnick@Ozwoody and @Audaxis Welcome to Community Forums.

I want to inform you that currently this specific device is under recall. For more information about our voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches, please visit our webpage at help.fitbit.com/ionic I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes