Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Screen Wake notifications - Driving me crazy

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic is driving me nuts - it buzzes all the time with screen-wake notifications- having performed factory resets etc nothing is working 

Is there an address i can return the watch to? 

I have only had it since Jan- started off great but its become a pain 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You would need to contact Support and see if they are able to help you (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

You would need to contact Support and see if they are able to help you (link in my signature )

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. I returned my first one because of another problem. I've had the new one for less than a month. It constantly wakes up. It doesn't matter if it is set to manual or auto. It is very annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem. Where I can find the solution? This topic is marked as solved. I just bought my Ionic and it drives me crazy. Out of the blue it starts buzzing and switch on screen wake and notification. Reset and shutdown doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing out of nowhere this morning, and it's driving me crazy. Is there a solution other than returning the watch? I've had it since February and love it... I've had a problem where it showed zero steps, calories, heart rate, etc. on the face for months and I didn't know how to fix it, but I finally changed the clock face, and it worked, but this new thing started right after...

Best Answer
0 Votes

it seems this is a common problem. I have the same issue. I contacted customer via the online chat and they told me to clean the buttons with pressurized air and then told me I was using the buttons on the right incorrectly. Returning seems to be the only solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got my Ionic on Christmas Day and it’s been doing this out of the box from new, I can’t wear it now as it’s constantly buzzing on my wrist and flashing up the Screen Wake Notifications Screen. Will try to return today but my last call to customer services wasn’t a good experience with me having to ask the girl to repeat herself and then she hung up. What happened to the live chat feature?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. You have to go into the app and set that
notification to off.

--
Sue Hollar, Au.D. F-AAA
Best Answer
0 Votes

@MartyCork wrote:

My Ionic is driving me nuts - it buzzes all the time with screen-wake notifications- having performed factory resets etc nothing is working 

Is there an address i can return the watch to? 

I have only had it since Jan- started off great but its become a pain 

Sorry, no suggestions or solution for you. Just another annoyed Ionic owner/user commiserating w/ you. I tried reset; didn't solve a thing!

Got mine as a Christmas gift 2018. Problem showed up on the 3rd month, after I put a screen protector. But my son has had his ionic much longer & he also put a screen protector - but does not have the Screen Wake pop-up problem.

Waiting for Support email. I just want to return it & get my money back.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the exact same problem with my first Ionic, you need to call customer services and tell them you have tried the reset as I did many times to no avail and they will send you a brand new Fitbit, I’ve had no problems with my new one so far and I know the problem you have with yours is not fixable.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Matt-K. You need to contact customer service. I had to return mine. They asked me to video the issue. I told them this was not possible as I would literally have to sit and watch constantly hoping to catch a video. Once I got my new one, no issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem with my iconic. Notification screen turn on or fitbit logo. I even cant restart watch. I have it less than month.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, this fault with the Ionic is not repairable as I found with mine, even after restarting the watch many times. It is a known fault and the watch will need replacing by Fitbit for free. Just contact customer services and they will sort you out no problem.
Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes