Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycle ride not syncing with Strava

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All previous cycle rides synch pretty quick after completion but not today.Ride is showing on Ionic bit but not on Strava..anybody else experienced it? What steps need to be taken? Have reset Ionic but no change 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

It's nice to see you around @Ellisn1966! To resolve the problem with Strava, please make sure you have connected your Strava account to Fitbit. For instructions to link them please visit this article.

Then, please follow these instructions:

• From the Fitbit app tap the Ionic icon > Apps > My Apps
  • Tap the gear icon next to Strava > Authorize
  • Login to your Strava account > Authorize

Please keep in mind the maps of your activities won't be shown immediately once Strava is selected, but it is necessary selecting each activity in order to access them. On your Ionic you will be able to see the last 10 workouts. For information about what data will be transferred between your accounts please check out this post. The following activities won't be synchronized to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Have followed all of the above & still not showing on my Strava... I am now concerned that any future activities will not sync

Best Answer
0 Votes

My cycle ride hasn’t automatily synced to strava 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had this happen to me a few times.   You can go to the fitbit page on the web browser (not the mobile app) and click your activity.  On the right hand corner are 3 dots.  Click this and export as TCX file.  You can then add this to your strava account by clicking the plus sign in the right corner by your profile and doing a manual upload of the TCX file.  Not ideal but this way you will not lose those activities while troubleshooting the automatic upload.  

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer