Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not cleared Sync & try again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This happend during i erase my data.

I disconnect pair and what should i do?

please help me Man Sad

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

I have this exact same issue. The device won't reconnect to phone and there's no way to get to any menu on the unit. It's basically bricked. Just a big red cross on the screen. With "Data not cleared Sync & try again"

Best Answer

I have same issue:  Does somebody has any idea

Fitbit Ionic, Nokia 7 plus
Best Answer

I have contacted the support,here the solution:

1. You need to delete the ionic in the app

2. Remove the ionic in the bluetooth profile

3. Install the ionic in the app again

4. If there is no connection,press all three button at the ionic

that's all 🙂

Fitbit Ionic, Nokia 7 plus
Best Answer

Not sure if you already had your issue solved, but just incase someone else needs:

Today I spent 30 minutes on support tried all that (and more), to no avail ... uninstalling apps, reinstalling apps, tried hard resetting the tracker many times, wouldn't reset ... app couldn't find tracker in order to update the firmware, etc.  Begrudgingly tried installing the app on my husbands phone at request of support ... all of the same issues, app couldn't find tracker.  They escalated it, I dropped off the call ... 

Then I decided to try some other things from his phone (S G6) since I had the app up, and chose in the settings "Replace Device" to see what would happen and it worked, tracker immediately responded, it popped up and restarted, I setup the wifi, and ... voila ... had to the through the setup again (bummer waiting for it again), but it worked.  Logged off the app on my husbands phone, reinstalled the app on my phone (S G5), logged back in, good to go.  

Best Answer

Any update or solution? Should we just send the bricked devices back?

I managed to connect the watch to a different phone with a different Fitbit account.

Then tried to reset it to connect to the previous phone/account (the real owner) and got the "Data not cleared. Sync & try again".

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been in email contact with Fitbit support.  It looks like they are going to send me a shipping label to send it back to them, but I haven't received it yet.

Best Answer

Well I have now received my replacement Ionic from Fitbit.  Nothing we tried worked.

All I can say is - if anyone is considering factory-resetting their Ionic, I would avoid it unless absolutely necessary.  If you are going ahead, I would sync the Ionic first and then attempt the factory reset via the Ionic menu (Settings >> About >> Factory Reset) rather than using the three-button method (like I did).  I have no idea whether you need to unpair your phone before doing the reset, but the post above suggests that you should.

The fact remains that my Ionic was left in an unrecoverable state after performing a factory settings reset.  This is ridiculous - if there is an operation to reset to factory settings then it should do exactly that, not fail if a pairing is still in place and then leave it in a state where no further action is possible to recover the device.

I for one will not be resetting my Ionic again unless directly told to by Fitbit support.  As far as I am concerned the factory reset operation can not be relied upon to restore an Ionic to a working state.

Best Answer

For the first time, I "factory reset" the Ionic from Settings>About, but it also failed.

My configuration:

Ionic was unpaired from the mobile app

Ionic was not unpaired from the bluetooth

Ionic was running a developer version OS

Ionic had a sideloaded clockface

Best Answer
0 Votes

@robocope wrote:

For the first time, I "factory reset" the Ionic from Settings>About, but it also failed.

My configuration:

Ionic was unpaired from the mobile app

Ionic was not unpaired from the bluetooth

Ionic was running a developer version OS

Ionic had a sideloaded clockface

Sorry to hear that.  Have you ended up with the red cross and the message sync & try again?

If so, have you managed to re-connect your Ionic to your account using the Fitbit app?  If not, what error do you get?  What device are you using for the Fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

yes, reconnecting to a device works.

Best Answer

I would like to confirm resetting worked after unpairing from bluetooth (forget this device on apple devices) and delete the ionic from the fitbit app.

Best Answer

@robocopeThere are many variables and I have had daily syncing by doing this and if that fails I will resort to all of the other options.  But to date, since the Ionic was released I haven't had an issue other than below.

• First thing in the morning I switch my phone on..
  • secondly I try to sync, If that fails, either wheelies or sync er
  • I restart the Ionic. Push LH and RH lower buttons simultaneously until Fitbit logo appears.
  • Then sync whivhy is immediate and remains that way all day, for on demand or when I open the Fitbit App..

Ironically when I restart the Ionic the syncing never detects that there is no Fitbit..

While out in my front garden, gardening and the phone inside.. I was getting notifications from 4-10 metres away and the shorter distance had a sisalation paper insulated outer wall..

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

@robocope wrote:

I would like to confirm resetting worked after unpairing from bluetooth (forget this device on apple devices) and delete the ionic from the fitbit app.

Out of interest, did you reset from the Ionic menu or using the 3-button method?

So far from the responses above, it looks like you may be able to safely reset using the settings menu on the Ionic, if you have unpaired the Ionic from Bluetooth and deleted the Ionic from the app (before resetting the Ionic).  At the very least it looks like you will still be able to re-add the device even if you get the red cross and Sync & Try Again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried from the OS under About. Is physical button reset just a shortcut to the same reset operation?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi this usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair the device, forget BT (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps:

1. Unpair your Ionic
  2. Unpair from BT both Ionic and Ionic (classic)
  3. Restart the App
  4. Setup your device again.
  5. Probably you will need to perform another Factory Reset because not all Data has been erased. (Remember to unpair first)

Hope it helps, it did work for me 🙂

Best Answer

@acuatico69 wrote:

Hi this usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair the device, forget BT (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps:

1. Unpair your Ionic
  2. Unpair from BT both Ionic and Ionic (classic)
  3. Restart the App
  4. Setup your device again.
  5. Probably you will need to perform another Factory Reset because not all Data has been erased. (Remember to unpair first)

Hope it helps, it did work for me 🙂

Hi there.  The steps you describe did not fix my Ionic when it had this problem.  It had to be replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Replaced? Setup go okay with your replacement device?

I currently have the Red X and a case open with support. Waiting to hear back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ebr206 wrote:

Replaced? Setup go okay with your replacement device?

I currently have the Red X and a case open with support. Waiting to hear back.

Yes.  I had to send my Ionic to San Francisco and the replacement device came from the Netherlands.  I just had to go through all the different options with support and then they gave in and told me to send it back.  I had a DHL label emailed to me.

It looks like some people can recover from the red X, but others can't...  It was certainly trying to pair and the error looked like it was the Fitbit app rather than the Ionic, so perhaps it is something which can be fixed by updating the app (eventually).

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Besen reply worked. Got rid of the dreaded red cross in the three steps. But as in most suggestions there are often inbetween steps.

1. Delete the ionic in the app - Go to the computer fitbit app, click on ionic. Lower right corner click Remove Iconic. I also removed my Charge HR. 

2. Remove the ionic in the bluetooth profile - Windows 10 go to Settings/Devices/Bluetooth & other devices. Click on Ionic and then click on Remove Device.

3. Install the ionic in the app again - Return to the Fitbit App. Install new device Ionic.

I still can't insert my Starbucks number into the app. 

Best Answer