Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not cleared sync and try again message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit ionic has been acting up for about a week now, started with not receiving notifications of texts and calls. Then it started restarting itself constantly, and I wasn't able to use the touch screen or anything. I trouble shooted several forums on here. I attempted shut it off and start it again but it wouldn't respond. I removed the app and reinstalled it, even though it's not an app or phone problem. I removed it from the app, removed it from my Bluetooth connections, and did a 3 button factory reset. However now I am stuck with the data not cleared sync and try again message, along with the ionic continuing to turn itself off and restart again to the same message. Any ideas or am I stuck buying another one? Ridiculously frustrated as this watch is not even 6 months old yet 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Time to contact Customer Support.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Mama_S5! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Ionic. Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this on your own after reviewing the Community posts, nice way to go! 

Well, this usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps (some of them you already tried, but let's cover everything):

1. Unpair your Ionic.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.
  7. Setup your device again.
  8. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

If you can't get started with your Fitbit device, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your phone or tablet is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
    • Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
    • Windows 10—Tap or click Start > Settings > Update & security.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
    • Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
    • Windows 10—Click or tap Settings > Devices > Bluetooth.
  • (Android only) Double-check the following information about your phone or tablet:

After making sure about that, try setting up your Ionic again. If the issue persists, please follow @SunsetRunner's advise about getting in touch with our Support Team.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer