Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Inaccurate Steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A couple weeks ago, my Fitbit Ionic was misreporting the amount of steps I had taken regularly. Sometimes the tracker would report tens of millions of steps in one day that were obviously not actually taken. I have received a replacement tracker as the old one had an issue but I want to remove the millions of incorrect steps that had been reported to better track my progress and goals. I tried to log a "Driving" activity as was explained in a help article and it worked for all of the days except for one, where over 16 million steps are recorded. I tried logging the driving activity for the entirety of the day and the steps on the bar chart went away but the count of over 16 million steps remained. Does anyone have an alternate way to remove all of these steps?

Also, I achieved a bunch of badges as a result of the over counting that I did not actually achieve. Does anyone know of a way to remove these? I feel like I'm cheating with these crazy badges haha. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

There is no way to remove steps, maybe Fitbit can remove the badges though? 

Another option is to create a new profile with a different email address, but then you start from scratch. 

Best Answer

Yikes that's' a lot of steps.  I was going to suggest that you simply step up (get it) your activity to try and average things out, but 10 million steps is a bit much.  I'd contact Customer Support and have them remove your account and then setup a new one and start again

Best Answer