Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting pulse when removed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic is sometimes detecting pulse from 120 to 160 bpm when I remove it . Not only it drains the battery but screw up my stats since I can't delete it and my resting heart rate is jumping from 56 to 63. I already tried cleaning it with clear water.

Is there a way to solve this without shutting it down every time I remove it. It is not user friendly at all.

I have to say I am fairly disappointed with the Ionic. Its GPS is crap as I'm disconnected at least 1k for every 5k (my phone stays connected all the time), connecting it with any thing else than a phone is a pain and my first strap broke after a month or so.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with Ionic tracking heart rate while off your wrist. Also, thanks for reporting the GPS tracking functionality, Bluetooth connections, and strap being broken. Thanks for cleaning it with water and for trying any steps to sort this out.

First thing I'd recommend would be to update Ionic to its latest firmware version (version 32.10.15). Fitbit just released OS 2.1 for watches. You probably already updated it; if this is the case, did this fixed the problems you were experiencing? 

Regarding GPS, if it keeps disconnecting after the update please check the environment in which you are running. Tall buildings, dense forest, steep hills, and even thick cloud cover can interfere with your watch's ability to connect to GPS satellites. Check this article for more details.

You could also perform a restart on Ionic to fix incorrect data tracking.  Also, what audio device are you trying to connect to Ionic via Bluetooth? Check this article for some details about this feature. 

Also, what strap are you using now? Did you reported the broken one to customer support already? If possible please share a picture with me! 

Hope this helps. Please keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes