Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have seen numerous issues being posted about the Fitbit Ionic lately. I keep seeing the same response form a Fitbit rep about uninstall, remove Fitbit, etc. Well I have done these things and now my Fitbit not only does not display the correct time, it is hours behind but it will not resync to my phone it keeps saying trying to connect and then started to glitch popping up the 4 digit code over and over and over again but it was a different code each time it did this. My Fitbit is less than a year old and it frustrating that I cannot utilize it. I only unconnected it from my phone because it was not syncing at all with my phone even though it was recording my data according to the watch face.

So now what is the way to get this resolved?

Moderator edit: Format

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hello @medicsrus it's nice to see you again participating here in the Community Forums, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

First, I'd like to appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to check all the information that's specified on: How do I set up my Fitbit device? to check if all the requirements are correctly configured to setup your device.

Then, you can move forward to the troubleshooting steps that are specified on: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? and let me know how it goes. Please make sure that your mobile device is compatible because due to a compatibility concern you can experience connection difficulties. 

I'll be around if you need anything else, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic most of the time. Then, suddenly, usually late afternoon/evening it will sinc. I don’t think that’s the way it was designed to operate. I have spent hours to rectify this very frustrating issue to no avail. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @grddla1938, sorry for the delay in responding your post.

Thanks for troubleshooting your device prior to posting here in the Fitbit Community. I recommend you to check how the syncing procedure works here and see if there's a missing requirement on your mobile device that's preventing the syncing procedure to be completed.

Then please try the steps that are shown on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? and keep me posted.

Looking forward to your reply. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello. I have been using my ionic in a motog6 mobile phone for close to a year. Since yesterday it is not syncing and no matter how many times I disconnect and try to reconnect the watch does not connect to the app in the mobile or in my laptop. Please letme know on how to do solve this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The 4 digits you are getting sounds like the Bluetooth pairing code that you need to enter into your phone to complete the Bluetooth pairing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.
The pairing doesn't work after entering the 4digit code

Sundar Sriram
Best Answer
0 Votes

My comments were for medicsrus's issue.Have you tried the steps recommended by the moderator  that are shown on: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

I have found my experience with Fitbits syncing can be frustrating for me at times. I have had 2 Surges and now an Iconic and have had times with all. I still don't think I have a solution that works for me every time. I have found sometimes I just need to try several times and it will finally work. Other times I needed to do a soft reset of my device (holding the left button and lower right button for 10-15 seconds) and after the restart it would sync. Other times I found the problem was with my phone. I would do a reboot of my phone and it would sync. Once I had to tell my phone to forget the Fitbit in the bluetooth configuration and let it rediscover it. Also if I had my phone and pc both running the app at the same time within range of the watch and neither would sync until I turned the bluetooth on one off. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes