Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Ionic - My experience.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It has been less than three years since I got my first Fitbit tracker.  It was a blaze.  It failed within a year and was replaced via warranty.  The replacement failed within a year and it was "out of warranty" since the 12 months was from original purchase not from replacement.  About 8 months ago I upgraded to the ionic.  It is failing.  Maybe Fitbit should offer a subscription since all their trackers are apparently disposable - and will fail.  I am so disappointed and should have paid more for a proper device that is able to track my activity and steps and has a silent alarm - Literally the only features I use - and not die in less than a year.  Apple is not my favorite company - but at least their products do not all fail within a year.  If Fitbit is going to ever truly compete - and from my experiences they won't - improvement of hardware is going to need to happen.

For the record:  The battery life of all three trackers was the main problem.  I used the proper chargers, connected the proper way and tried all the firmware re-installs, battery life cycle tricks and limited the use of the tracker to heart rate, steps and one alarm only. no apps, no music, none of the features Ionic was supposed to be so much better for.  When I first got the Ionic - it lasted 3-4 days on a 100% charge -- and it slowly became 1-2 days over 7 months or so.  Suddenly a few weeks ago it went down to about 14 hours.  I can not use a watch that will die every single night unless I charge it in the AM and at Bed time.  

Battery life however was not the only problem.  All three faces cracked during normal wear.  I am not a construction worker - I did not drop them or have any significant impact.  

Moderator edit: Format 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

I am having the same problem. I have had my Ionic for 1 years. All of a sudden will not keep a charge longer than 2 days. I have tried all the suggestions that have been stated. Still runs down way to quickly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @hrkb thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums. Nice to see you again @Hermesf1, my apologies for the delay in responding your posts.

I'm sorry to know that you're not satisfied with the service provided so far, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. Let me share with you that Fitbit is always striving to improve our users Fitbit experience with our products and services. Therefore, we appreciate all of the input we receive here in the Community Forums because such information help us to evaluate our procedures for future scenarios. Thank you for the feedback and your patience with this situation.

For a better understanding of the outcome provided by our Support team, I recommend you guys to check our warranty policies here

Don't hesitate to contact me back, I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hrkb After making me go Through all this trouble shooting just tell me there is a problem with the battery on my Ionic watch but since I’m a few months over the year warranty all they can offer me a 25% off a new one. When I ask Rafael Neil from Fitbit  Support team For a higher context on management all he does is copy and pasted from a old email and give me the run around. Very bad customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Hermesf1, welcome back. Sorry to the delay in responding.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and personal experience with us, my apologies for the inconvenience you went through with your Ionic device. As per mentioned in my previous post, our Customer Support team refer to our warranty policies when it comes to a warranty-related procedure if all the troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern were exhausted. Your feedback is really appreciated.

See you around.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im totally agreed with all your concerns.Not a single thing is change as in my case.Fitbit tried to make fool and fraud coz its all online devices and they have set failure of device with in 12 months.Top of that they can turn off device whenever they wanted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im totally agreed with all your concerns.Not a single thing is change as in my case.Fitbit tried to make fool and fraud coz its all online devices and they have set failure of device with in 12 months.Top of that they can turn off device whenever they wanted 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my share of frustrations on Fitbit products; very similar to what you experienced. I always thought Apple Watches were over priced but thanks to Fitbit, I am looking into getting one.

I have 6 Fitbits and 2 Apple Watches in my family. 2 Fitbits died in 1+ year (including my Ionic which died in 13 months); both 2 year-old Apple Watches still running strong.

At this point, I recommend everyone to stay away from Fitbit. A $250+ device which lasted 1+ year is simply unacceptable. 

Best Answer

Same experience here. Time to switch to other brand and recommend everyone you know to stay away from Fitbit.

Best Answer

honestly its my 4th fitbit similar happened with surge and now with ionic.What I assume its in there system to fail device coz we always keep tracker online and they can do anything with it.Its all rubbish of updating of software.Now companies like fitbit they play with there users and there pathtic customer services copy paste emails

They have all controls on trackers so its not fair with users

Moderator edit: Word choice 

Best Answer

Hello again, it's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, sorry for the delay in responding.

The feedback that was submitted in each of your posts are appreciated, I understand how frustrating this situation can be for you guys. Just as per previously mentioned, keep in mind that the feedback that is provided here in the Community Forums is always helpful for us to evaluate our procedure, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

For any warranty-related inquiry, please check our policies here

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes