Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device restarting during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Very frustrating. It stopped half way through a workout. Tried to reset but still does it intermittently. Is this a software issue? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Aldyallers, welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and for troubleshooting your Ionic prior to posting too, I totally understand how frustrating this situation can be for you. To better assist you, can you please let me know when was the first time you experienced this issue and how many times since then? With which activities do you experience this? It happens all the time you initiate an exercise or occasionally? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks for following up which is greatly appreciated.

It’s been about a week on and off. Sometimes battery running down quickly, just shutting down for no reason. Not everyday. No pattern. Just unexpected.

Thanks again

Alan

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

You're welcome @Aldyallers, your update is appreciated. 

I appreciate the details that were shared with me, even though this issue is sporadically occurring, this is not the way your Ionic was designed. If you haven't already done so, I recommend you to perform a factory reset on your device following the below steps and let me know if the issue persists:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Many thanks indeed

I didn’t know that. If the situation persists I’ll try a factory reset.

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this happen to me routinely in the past. In doing some reading from bloggers, it's very common and one hack that worked for me was to turn off all unnecessary notifications. Within the fitbit app, find the notifications tab and deselect all the ones you may not need active. This just happened to me yesterday and I understand how frustrating it is, believe me!!! The watch must have done a factory reset during an update to turn the notifications back on...hopefully turning them off resolves the problem once again. Or fitbit solves this software issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing has been happening to mine-just recently within the last month multiple times a week, even if fully charged it shuts down during activity. 

Best Answer