Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heart rate monitor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why is my ionic giving me a heart rate reading when I am not wearing it or even sitting near it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Because it's a garbage device. Marketing hype aimed at serious runners but hardware/software made for the walkers/novice runners.  Haven't talked to a SINGLE other Ionic owner who hasn't had to deal with some sort of bug in this thing. Everything from bad HR readings to a supposedly water-proof device going dead after taking a shower with it to it just not wanting to charge anymore.  Being trying to get mine to give me accurate HR readings so I can train by HR zone but it's useless. It's all over the place.  Somehow my HR records a max of 204...every single run regardless of whether its the warm-up, a slow recover run, a fast-paced threshold run, intervals, or sometime even just a brisk walk.  It will shoot straight to 204 and then comes crashing down to near zero before settling down to the 180s even if I'm barely breathing hard.  Bottom line: It's a glorified pedometer that also "tries" to give you fitness data.  The $200 I dropped for it would've been a good down payment on an actual quality Garmin running watch, which also gives me steps taken if I actually cared about that.

Best Answer
0 Votes