Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device showing red triangle with exclamation mark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought in October of 2018 

Didnt sync for the past month now all I get is the red triangle and the red exclamation mark even when I do the 3 button factory reset 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Zeek554 welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your post.

First, I appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this situation prior to posting. Since you already tried our factory reset procedure, please thy a regular restart and let me know how it goes. To do so, please follow the next steps:

1. Press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite Edition, hold the back button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If you still have issues with your device, turn it off and turn it back on. For more information, see How do I turn off my Fitbit device? 

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes
i did this and it still gives me the red triangle and exclamation mark i
cannot connect to update or sync my fitbit ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too same **ahem** problem. Has not sync since Tuesday 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im have this same issue and nothing mentioned here is working. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have this problem.  Anyone have any success fixing it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! It's a pleasure to continue providing assistance, sorry for the delay in responding. Thanks for your reply @Zeek554. Welcome to the Community Forums @Ckrulak @Joecooool @MikeB14 

@Zeek554 Thank you for trying the steps above. Our Support team was contacted on your behalf to receive further assistance, please keep an eye to your email inbox because they'll be contacting you soon. In the meantime, let me know if you have any additional questions.

@Ckrulak  @Joecooool I appreciate your effort and patience troubleshooting this prior to posting. To move forward with this, can you both let me know if our factory reset procedure was already tried? If not, please follow the next steps and let me know how it goes:

1. On the device, hold all three buttons for about 10 to 12 seconds. 
  2. When the Fitbit logo disappears, quickly release the bottom right button, continuing to hold down the left and top right buttons (releasing the bottom right button as soon as the logo disappears is time sensitive). 
  3. When the device vibrates, release all buttons. 
  4. Wait for approximately 1-2 minutes while the device clears all data. Eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays Fitbit.com/setup.
  5. When the device successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware. You can check: How do I update my Fitbit device? for more details. 

Take in consideration that a factory reset deletes any stored data, which includes all data that hasn't synced to your Fitbit account and your applications, alarms, etc.

@MikeB14 Can you please let me know if the troubleshooting steps that were posted above were already tried? Please try our restart and factory reset procedures and keep me posted.

See you around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep none of this crap works.  Tried everything they said at least three times.  Tech support is no help and they are so eager to get of the phone then to help.  Been a couple of days since it synch.  Manual synch doesn't work.  Tech support said my watch is not under warranty but they are the ones that sent me a replacement watch cause the first one died.  Apparently this is a known problem with Ionic but they have not fixed the bug yet.  Very frusurated.

Best Answer

I dont think there is a fix. Mine is still not working. Looking to buy a Garmin as a replacement instead of another fitbit.

Best Answer

Still doesn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same situation- doesn't work.  Looking into other watches.  But they offered me 25% off of another fitbit purchase.  Wow really

Best Answer
0 Votes