Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Ionic quit syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Out of the blue at 10:36 pm on Sunday Aug 25th my ionic quit syncing and will not connect to my phone or any other device and I have tried all the troubleshooting tips on the Fitbit website. The app says the device is not found. But the Bluetooth on my phone still sees it.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I am having the same issue...my ionic is connected to the phone via bluetooth, but the app will not recognize the bluetooth connection...I've done a factory reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, closed and re-opened the app multiple times, shut down the Fitbit multiple times...very frustrating!

Best Answer

try "forgetting" the device in your phone's bluetooth settings, then try connecting in the app again...this worked for me.

Best Answer

Unfortunately that did not work for me, I finally deleted if off my Bluetooth and my app and factory reset it and reconnected it and it would work fine for like 3 minutes and then start doing it all over again.

Best Answer

Exact same problem.  Exact same timing.  Apparently there was a firmware update at that time too and that was a bad firmware...they have since released a new firmware...BUT I cant get it because I cant access Bluetooth or WiFi on the watch and apparently that is the ONLY way to update the firmware on the watch. Not sure why I cant just use the cord and attach it to my PC and update the watch firmware that way.  Instead FitBit says I need to buy a new device and sent me 25% off a new watch since I am no longer under warranty.  Very upset.

Best Answer
They did not tell me that but mine still happened to be under warranty.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I've noticed that since I upgraded to the new dashboard on the app, syncing is very sporadic. I have yet to get a full 24 hours out of the device and app functioning correctly. Love the 'device not found' error so I have yet to delete the device from the app and set up a new one so here it goes! 

Best Answer

Well, this worked so let's see if it will sync for a full plus 24 hours! Countdown has begun!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck, I've tried this; it works when you initially find and connect but then did not see it and carry on synching

Best Answer

Oh man! I holding out for good luck as it's still doing great and it's been over 2 hours! Yikes and I am sure I just jinxed myself!

Best Answer
0 Votes