Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between readings on Ionic and Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

Im looking at my fitbit now and its saying Ive done 13, 093 steps and the calories displaced is 419 on the fitbit.

That couldnt be right could it? 

When I was foing cardio earlier it read as 490 calories burnt when I had the exercise section open. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity & subject 

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @JacintaPark, yourvasking about the difference in reading between the tracker and the Fitbit app.

I see what the App says, but no mention of what stats are on the Tracker or how long ago the tracker last sunced. 

Unless a sync was only a moment ago, the two should not aggree

Best Answer
Hi Rich, 
Its syncs automatically, so I dont thinl thats the issue. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Check your weight you set in your Fitbit dashboard

Best Answer

So how long ago was the last sync?

Best Answer
1 minute ago

Best Answer
0 Votes

And the two still do not agree, what does it show on Fitbit.com

Best Answer
What do u mean fitbit.com? 
It hadnt been posted yet. 
The 1st picture is me during a workout but the app has totally different figures

Best Answer
0 Votes

Going to Fitbit.com you should see the same data that is seen in the app. However recently there was a problem reported by some with the two agreeing.

If the tracker hasn't synced since the exercice the app should not know about it.

Best Answer

Hi @JacintaPark, it's nice to see you around the forums. Welcome! Man Very Happy The Fitbit app shows your data as of the last time you synced your tracker, but you can watch some stats update in real time if you look at your dashboard while wearing your tracker.

You can track the following stats in real time with the Fitbit app:

• Steps
  • Calories
  • Distance
  • Floors (if applicable)
  • Heart rate (if applicable)

Make sure the connected symbol appears next to your tracker image at the top of the dashboard. Note that when you first open the app, it may take a few moments to connect. When your tracker is connected, take a few steps and watch your step count increase to verify that real-time tracking is enabled.

Note that you must keep the screen of your mobile device turned on and the Fitbit app in focus at all times. If you close the Fitbit app or put your device to sleep, you'll need to open the app again to see real-time data. 

If you're using an Android device, heart rate information only appears in your live data if you also have call or text notifications enabled on your tracker.

You can see live heart rate data if you use the Fitbit app for iOS or the Fitbit app for Android with any Fitbit tracker that includes heart rate tracking. The Fitbit app for Windows 10 shows live heart rate data for all trackers that include heart rate tracking except Charge HR. 

Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. In the Fitbit apps for iOS and Windows 10, also make sure all-day sync is turned on.

If you're using the Android app, you'll only see heart rate data if you have call, text, or calendar notifications enabled.

Additionally, I'd recommend taking a look at the article: How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

Thanks for your help guys @Rich_Laue and @Giampi71

We look forward to your response! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
How do I access dashboard? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From your browser on www.fitbit.com and pressing the gear on top right, then settings

Best Answer

Hi @JacintaPark. Try clicking on the link that @Giampi71 has shared with you. I'm posting 2 images to make this easier my friend, hope you find them helpful:

settingdashboard.png

timeofsyncing.png

Let us know if you need further help!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer