Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS aaps on Ionic exercise tile are incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When entering mobile APP and selcting Exercise tile. New Activies will have incorrect GPS Map.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @FroggyRunner, it's nice to see you around the forums! While reading your post, I was wondering if you've also checked the Fitbit app/Dashboard to see if your GPS activities are showing the correct map? 

If the incorrect details are only showing on your watch, I'd recommend restarting your Ionic by following these steps. Then, check your watch and see the GPS details again.

On the other hand, if the watch and the Dashboard are matching with the GPS details. As you may already know, the GPS requires a direct path to the satellites in order to receive their radio transmissions, and there are several reasons why GPS data could be negatively affected.  The accuracy depends on both your environment and the weather; the GPS signal could be affected because you're underground, near many tall buildings, or as a result of atmospheric effects. 

I'm aware that you probably already tried all the basic troubleshooting steps, however, it won't harm to take a look at all the information here about the requirements, error messages and troubleshooting steps that could help to improve GPS accuracy.

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer