Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulties to charge my Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have made contact with Fitbit support and I have been advised that my device is out of warranty, I am not trying to make a claim but to draw attention to this issue that I have had experienced.

I have been experiencing charging cable issues with making a good contact with the charging point on the rear of my Ionic, I wear my device 24hrs a day as find it a great help in monitoring my activity.  I would try to get the charging cable to connect but fail sometimes, this went on every time I tried to charge my device. I have now identified the problem with the cable/Ionic the locating groove at the rear around the contacts collects dirt and dust, I cleaned the groove and yes it started charging again, but yet again it had more debris of which I was not at first aware of and went through the attempts to connect, this time if failed to connect no matter how I tried.  I gave up and went back to my charge 4, but as it has a limited amount of activity information, I had another look at the Ionic, that is when I made the discovery that the charging cable would not make contact due to the charging part on the rear is actually depressed and with the magnetic cable holding the charging cable the two parts can not connect.  Now to summarize I believe this to be an oversight that this area at the rear of this model of Ionic is sceptical to collecting dust/fluff and day to day grime and the charging contacts can sink into the body of the watch.

I cannot have been the first person to have had this problem and would like to hear of anyone else that has had this experience and what Fitbits response was, I feel like for the first time Fitbit support has let me down.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Kingfisher58.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

I would like to mention that many Ionic users are wearing their devices after a couple of years without any trouble. If you would like to check out the Fitbit Warranty, please visit this site.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

FitBit has a service warranty that will take the defective product and replace it with a working product, I'm from India, Please let us know how can I get the replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that information, can you advise me of how to go about accessing that service please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Natties.

Whether you are having difficulties to charge your Fitbit Ionic, please follow these troubleshooting steps.

If you followed our recommendations shared above without luck, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

@Natties @Kingfisher58 I would like to clarify that Customer Support is in charge of evaluating each case individually and they will provide different options to try to resolve the issue based in the Fitbit Warranty.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Edson,

Thanks,  tried the troubleshooting steps but this didn't work.

Followed your advice by reaching customer support,  after having all the details, I was informed that the Warranty team will reach out in less than 24 hours, but it is more than 3 days haven't received any call.

This seems to be a problem for many users, I bought 2 Fitbit Ionic, both have the same issue and I felt that Fitbit support is very average. When you compete with quality brands it is necessary to have good support which is lacking and I wanted the Fitbit support team to act responsibly with their customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update, @Natties.

According to our records, Customer Support sent you an email with information about your warranty the same day you chatted with them. If you don't see their response please check your spam folder.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have owned two Ionics now.  My first just died out of warranty but I really liked it so I purchased another.  I have had the same issue and the fix really becomes general maintenance.  Purchase a can of electronics contact cleaner spray.  Spray the Ionic charging area and let it dry, then do it again.  You can also use a Q-Tip to clean in conjunction with the contact cleaner.  Then maybe every 6 months, you can do it again.  Works great.  Good luck!

Best Answer

@EdsonFitbit

I got the response stating that my device is out of warranty, which I already knew. The response from the support team is deficient and inconclusive,  as I was not given any solutions/options to use the product by any possible means, Would like to understand what do you expect the customer to do with the defective device, waiting for a responsible answer from the support team.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @FunkyBass.

Thank you for your recommendations. Hope this be of help to other Fitbit users.

@Natties Thanks for your response.

If you have any question about Customer Support's response, I would recommend chatting with them online or give them a call. Please click here to get connected.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edson Based on your feedback I connected with the customer support, which lead to the warranty team and we are standing nowhere, Please let us know as a moderator of this group can you escalate this issue internally with the customer support team who can respond with the option/solution that will bring end to this conversation,

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdsonFitbit Do you have any update on this from your customer support 

Best Answer
0 Votes