Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect headphones

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm trying to figure out how to switch headphones from my ionic to something else.  I use the same headphones (backbeat fit) and connect to either my phone, my peloton bike, or my ionic depending on the activity.  There's an app on my phone that allows me to switch the connection from the phone to something else -- this works fine, but the connection has to be on the phone first. 

The trouble is, once connected to the ionic, how can I disconnect the headphones?  There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this on the ionic; looking for a 'shutoff bluetooth' or 'disconnect headphones' option somewhere.  As a workaround I'm rebooting or repairing every time I want to switch, which is a pain.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@bhwolf Would it not be possible to just switch the music source from headphones to phone in the Ionic’s music settings? That should drop the connection.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@bhwolf Would it not be possible to just switch the music source from headphones to phone in the Ionic’s music settings? That should drop the connection.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunnerwrote:

Ah!  Thanks!  Either I haven't noticed that setting before or it's new -- but this worked!  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to ask this slightly off topic question - but how do you find the backbeat fit headphones with your ionic? I had jaybird headphones that developed connection issues over time, and I’ve managed to return them for a store credit. Now wondering where to invest my money - tossing up between the backbeat fit 3100 and Jabra elite. Have read a professional review that said the backbeat fit started to develop connection issues overnight time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes