Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount on Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It  would be nice if FitBit would offer (hopefully retroactively) some discount on the Iconic for long-time FitBit users. Also for pre-orders. Please?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
49 REPLIES 49

Some requests are actually quite simple.  For example,  having a setting to turn off quick view while sleeping, it's a software setting not rocket science.  

If Fitbit is not interested in adding people's features than they should not tell them to add them or vote for them period. But Fitbit does so once again it's reasonable to think some might be implemented. I didn't see anyone whining here.  Some simple feature requests that have not been implemented have 1000s of votes for them not just a 100. 

And the the rest of your post is basically just your opinion, which I respect. And many of us have also owned multiple Fitbit trackers as well. 

Best Answer

@racertempo wrote:

@moosecat wrote:

That said there are discounts from other smart device suppliers. It's called a trade-in.

Name a single fitness band/watch supplier who offers "trade ins"  not smartphone.... But actual fitness trackers. Please name just one real one. 

Garmin. 

Best Answer

Whining that you did not get every single update you wanted does not mean that they are unacceptable in providing updates to users. 

I'm not whining about not getting "every single update I wanted". Far from it. But there are some basic ones that I would even consider fixes to very real PROBLEMS with the tracker.

E.g. Waking you while you're asleep because there's a sudden flash of light while you turned in bed because it registered a "double tap"...that is actually the one SINGLE thing I wish they'd put a fix in for, and as I stated in my own thread, the one single thing that would stop me from upgrading to an Ionic.

In fact, the option I speak of actually already exists on some of their other trackers, which is why I consider it "basic". It's my #1 complaint. Other things I listed are things I'd love to see, and had also seen in requests. I didn't say those specific things were the "basic" updates either, though 😉

Again, I would not consider what they put in "a ton" of updates as you stated. There have been 6 total patches, only 2 of which I would consider "updates" for a majority of users. First was bug fixes. Second was adding Asian Languages and bug fixes. Third was finally a real update, adding third party notifications, reminders to move (promised prior to release), and new faces (with only one digital style displaying seconds). Fourth was a "re-patch" because some people didn't get the third. Fifth was fixing a sync issue with iOS. Sixth was a real update with breathing sessions, and creating alarms on device, displaying active minutes, and some app updates/features that didn't effect the device.

It may be more than other companies, but I'm not here to compare to other companies. I'm here as a disappointed FITBIT user. I'm done with the conversation, as we obviously have our individual opinions and ideas of what is an acceptable amount of product support on a $200 item.

Best Answer

@Breezygirl8 wrote:

Some requests are actually quite simple.  For example,  having a setting to turn off quick view while sleeping, it's a software setting not rocket science.  

Fitbit clearly is interested and had added features people want, just not everyone.  The ability to turn off quick view at night is my #1 desire.

Moose is complaining by say fitbit has not even done "basic updates" as that clearly not true. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Breezygirl8 wrote:

@racertempo wrote:

@moosecat wrote:

That said there are discounts from other smart device suppliers. It's called a trade-in.

Name a single fitness band/watch supplier who offers "trade ins"  not smartphone.... But actual fitness trackers. Please name just one real one. 

Garmin. 

Wow, I stand corrected and will eat some crow..... Their trade in is only 50$, but I guess some is better than nothing. For that little you are better off selling your old one on eBay and getting even more, which is what I plan on doing with my blaze.

On ebay you can bundle your bands and get over double that $50.  But I do get that some people don't want to deal with eBay. 

Best Answer

@moosecat wrote:

Paying a full $300 on something the Blaze was obviously a predecessor for, when they couldn't support my prior $200 purchase, is not encouraging.

I hear ya, but, in some ways, this watch is fitbits moon shoot. They will support and update this watch at a furious pace. The fitness tracker/smart watch markets are merging and fitbit knows that. They have to improve sales and they will work overtime to support this watch. It's a matter of survival for them. I wouldn't worry about lack of support for this watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RatedE wrote:

Really?  A Blaze 2?  I just assumed that the Ionic would mean the end of the Blaze....

Not likely, two completely separate product lines.

Best Answer
0 Votes

At least the usa gets the things cheaper than us. We pay 299 pounds for ionic where you pay dollars. What ever happend to exchange rates

@moosecat wrote:

Considering the amount of money I spent on a Blaze, that got very few updates, yeah that'd be really nice.

I'm a bit disappointed with the value of my first FitBit when it comes to this. They never fixed or implemented so many requests, even ones that have been in their other products. Feels like they skipped over the Blaze to develop the Ionic, and I'm skeptical as to how much feedback from the Blaze was taken into account.

After spending $200 x2 on the Blaze for my husband and I, with the lack of support it's gotten, $300 for the Ionic is a slap in the face. They're probably going to release it and get right to work on the next version for 2018 or early 2019. I hope they prove me wrong.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

My issue is that Fitbit waited too long to announce the Ionic. I heard about it a couple of days after the close of the Kickstarter campaign for the Mobvoi Ticwatch S, which I backed assuming that Fitibit didn't have a smartwatch coming out soon. If anything I had seen articles saying Fitbit was having trouble with their smartwatch. Now I'd like to get the Ionic, but I just spent $170 on another device making the $299 for the Ionic something that I can't spend right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@racertempo wrote:

Sorry, but I call BS in the lack of updates.  The blaze had a ton of updates.  New faces (2 different times), addition of the Relax mode, notifications from more apps, emojis in notifications, REMINDERS TO MOVE, and other fixes.

Glaring omissions for a market leader. Seriously, full notifications, emojis, and reminders to move were glaring omissions, those should have been in the first release. We still don't have full emojis, gifs, jpgs, and languages. Notifications in particular, both iOS and Android make it really easy to receive anything on your lock screen. The Fitbit CEO got so beat up by the press that he started hinting about full notifications in February, before the Blaze started shipping. From an update point-of-view, the Surge was a major disappointment, until the Ionic launched it was the most expensive Fitbit and it didn't see any significant updates. I sold mine pretty early on.

Ionic is Fitbit's turnaround play. They bought two companies - Coin for payments, Pebble for apps - to get here. And despite lackluster updates on previous 'top of the line' products, I sincerely believe (and hope) that Fitbit treats this as a premier device and invests in a lot of updates. I read the Fitbit quarterly investor call transcripts. Fitbit management likes to tell Wall Street they know how to get customers to upgrade, and as a result you see "android phone vendor" behavior and new features are primarily delivered on new trackers (definitely true of Surge).

The big question - will Fitbit treat the Ionic differently, and invest in significant software updates to improve the product/platform? I'd like to believe they will, we saw some of that with the Blaze (VO2max and breathing). Having spent some time looking at Ionic and app platform, there are a lot of half implemented smartwatch features on Ionic. And as I like to point out, while the app is easy on the eyes there are a bunch of basic fitness questions you can't answer. So I think Fitbit has some work to do there as well, hoping they don't continue resting on their laurels  - being a paying subscriber to other fitness platforms (including Fitstar), Fitbit Premium has always been disappointing.

Long story short, for lack of introductory discount on Ionic I really hope/expect Fitbit to double-down on this product and continuously roll out improvements over the next 24 months to reward the Fitbit faithful.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

I was told the Ionic is not a fitness tracker.  That should look good on social media.  This just in FitBit says the Ionic is not a fitness tracker.  Those policies need to be stated better. I was told on the phone and via email that my 25% discount was good so I could apply it toward  "available to upgrade to our latest additions".  Your are will have lost customers over $75.  Not a good idea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RatedE wrote:

Really?  A Blaze 2?  I just assumed that the Ionic would mean the end of the Blaze....

Yep: https://www.wareable.com/fitbit/fitbit-working-on-new-charge-and-blaze-fitness-trackers-4731

Best Answer
0 Votes

@datalore wrote:

@RatedE wrote:

Yep: https://www.wareable.com/fitbit/fitbit-working-on-new-charge-and-blaze-fitness-trackers-4731

No, the Ionic is the end of the Surge, the Blaze is a much less feature rich device compared to the Ionic and there is certainly plenty of space in the market for both.

Best Answer

By now, I am aware that most, if not all of you, have or have had fitbit/s and all of you have shared ideas and have  complained about each one of them except for the fitbit alta. I don't why this is as it's a very good fitbit that has met all my requirements without making me worry about all that useless stud like heart rates, gps, etc. this is why I strongly recommend it to all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Calcium wrote:

By now, I am aware that most, if not all of you, have or have had fitbit/s and all of you have shared ideas and have  complained about each one of them except for the fitbit alta. I don't why this is as it's a very good fitbit that has met all my requirements without making me worry about all that useless stud like heart rates, gps, etc. this is why I strongly recommend it to all.

Except the Alta is pretty much worthless to folks who are runners; that's why Heart Rate and GPS tracking are so important.

Best Answer
0 Votes

.....or cyclists.....

Best Answer

good point; as no discount is offered for the Ionic now I will wait to see if there is a discount then as well.  i have so many fitbit products looking for the right one to meet my needs.  I find the Blaze is too big for my hand and found out the Ionic does have a smaller face. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

where can you trade in a blaze for an ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TraumaQueen wrote:

where can you trade in a blaze for an ionic?

I'm thinking there is no direct way to effect a trade-in; probably your best bet would be to peddle your Blaze on Craig's List and then buy an Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes