Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Ionic have stopwatch?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all! I am looking for some opinions. My boyfriend is currently debating between the Iconic and the Apple Watch. I want to know if the Iconic has a stopwatch capability and I don't mean the exercise tracker. I'm talking about something to time mile splits like a hand held stop watch or a digital watch. He is a huge runner and also coaches but uses his personal watch on meet days to help the athletes with their splits! 

Any help would be appreciated. I cant seem to find if this feature will be included with this model. I have looked into the manual as well!

Thanks in advance 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mperkow6 Ionic has a stopwatch and countdown timer feature in a "Timers" app. The stopwatch app does not have the option to time mile splits, but that is something you can request with an Ionic specific Feature Suggestion idea and make sure to vote for it. The more votes these ideas receive, the more likely they are to be considered for implementation in future releases.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Under the heading of, "The new Ionic is effectively a Surge on steroids", given the Surge has a stopwatch function, I'm betting the Ionic does as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your input! I'll definitely have to take a look when it comes out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mperkow6 wrote:

My boyfriend is currently debating between the Iconic and the Apple Watch.

Apple is supposedly coming out with a new watch soon but hasn't released details yet, so impossible to compare Ionic to new Apple watch.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mperkow6 Apple launched with a stopwatch that included ability to see laps/splits, its very handy I've used it for 2+ years while cooking steaks on the grill (4-5 minute 'splits' to next flip). There are a bunch of apps too.

On other Fitbit trackers like Blaze, the stopwatch has always been very basic (AFAIK). The manual for Ionic shows a pretty basic stopwatch, without lap function. With Ionic it looks like you would need to wait for the app store to launch after the Ionic starts shipping, and for someone to develop a stopwatch with splits.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@mperkow6 Ionic has a stopwatch and countdown timer feature in a "Timers" app. The stopwatch app does not have the option to time mile splits, but that is something you can request with an Ionic specific Feature Suggestion idea and make sure to vote for it. The more votes these ideas receive, the more likely they are to be considered for implementation in future releases.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

Hey erick i currently use a charge hr 2 and i was dissapointed to find out that the stopwatch has only a single view, meaning that while the stopwatch is in use i cant scroll thru different screens and cant see the time. However the old charge hr you can scroll with no issues. My question is can i scroll thru diff screens on the ionic while the stopwatch is in use. I wanna know before i make my decision in purchasing a $300 smartwatch. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by timers app? Where do o get the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES....!  Under the heading "exercise", then "run".  you have a basic stopwatch or , split time, elapsed time, lap distance.  so far the Ionic, is the most advanced "RUN" watch ever.....

Best Answer
0 Votes