Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doesn't Sync using the Android mobile app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi.. are there any issues with the Fitbit mobile android app..? My watch doesn't Sync.. cannot have my clockface set.. thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@Raymond0130 Welcome to the community. Can I ask what phone / tablet you are attempting to sync with? 

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
I'm having same issue with my iconic won't syn with my Samsung mobile, watch is working fine other wise.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the same problem can’t sync, always saying WiFi off so can’t add music to my Ionic I also have a Samsung 9

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, mine is Samsung s8.. I'm done with all basic troubleshooting & still the same.. thank you very much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Raymond0130 I own S8+ and since OS3.0 I experience similar issues daily. I think I got used to it already. What I do is unpairing Ionic ( pulldown mobile menu, long press on BT symbol, find Ionic, press "gear" icon, select "Unpair" ). Close Fitbit app by "force close" ( pulldown menu, setting, Apps, find Fitbit, tap Force Close ). Restart Fitbit app. There is a chance it will work. You may restart the watch as well. It's not 100% proof workaround but it became my daily routine when using Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner thank you very much. I'll definitely try!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Raymond0130 thanks for coming back the S8 is on the supported list unlike my own phone the S9 Note. I very rarely experience syncing issues with mine even considering that I have multiple trackers connected. Can I ask what method you are using to sync your Ionic? 

Tony | UK

Ionic, Versa 2, Charge 3 SE, Aria 2, Flyer, Note 9, Android 8.1, Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

Steps on Android devices that users have found to work that are not part of tye normal troubleshooting steps.

Remove the tracker from the phones Bluetooth, do not remove from the Fitbit app.

Update the Fitbit app

Clear the Fitbit app cache, phone settings - App - Fitbit - Storage - Claer Cache.

Some also Clear Data at this point, which logs the user out.

Restart the phone, Android still has memory management problems

Restart the tracker

Uninstall the Fitbit app and install a fresh copy of the Fitbit app.

Best Answer

Same issue here with syncing -- works randomly and then one day totally nothing using Pixel 3.

@Raymond0130 wrote:

hi.. are there any issues with the Fitbit mobile android app..? My watch doesn't Sync.. cannot have my clockface set.. thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Should not have these problems I had the charge 2 for years never had an
issue with it
Best Answer
0 Votes