Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download heart rate data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to download my heart rate data? (Second by second, or whatever the sampling is)

On my profile page I found data download ("your data belongs to you!") but seems like only a small amount of summarized data is available, and no heart rate data at all.

The hear rate plot on the dashboard is a nice start, but I'd love to be able to download my own data (heartrate, steps, etc) and build by own graphs.  Ideally, I'd like some sort of web service  / API that allows me to write a program that can routinely pull my data.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It really shouldn't be that difficult for Fitbit to provide better access, but nope. I've just posted a step by step tutorial on my blog here. (forgive typos; it's not proofread)

https://annofoneblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/19/your-heart-your-calories-your-sleep-your-data-how-to-e...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

That was always planned from way back when the Charge HR and Surge were first introduced. I haven’t heard it’s ever been done but it’s not an area I look in very much.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From their website “We're still working on making automatic heart rate data available for export”, so guess it’s still not possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@qtip333 You can download TCX file for any GPS activities.

For all day HR data (intraday time series), its possible via web API. You have to apply for personal app type, Fitbit reviews and grants on a case by case basis. Then you need to use the web API to download data.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

Thanks @bbarrera. How do I apply for access to the web API to pull time series of HR data?

Best Answer

It really shouldn't be that difficult for Fitbit to provide better access, but nope. I've just posted a step by step tutorial on my blog here. (forgive typos; it's not proofread)

https://annofoneblog.wordpress.com/2017/10/19/your-heart-your-calories-your-sleep-your-data-how-to-e...

Best Answer

Thanks @BeniM. That's just what I was hoping for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BeniM Thanks, I first recall seeing a tutorial on the quantified self website (or something like that). Saved me from digging for that bookmark. 

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hope it'll be useful to folks. If you run into glitch or issues, just let me know. I feel very strongly about data accessibility and anyone should be able to get their data easily without all these work-arounds. 😒 (I hope Fitbit is listening)

Best Answer

I followed your instructions but didn't get the data - some of the options have changed and the error I get is "This application does not have permission to access profile data." Not sure how to get around this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I also tried to follow the instructions, but hit a wall as they seem to have changed the website since you did your description. I'm hoping to get it to track my daughters heart rate, she's got a condition where her rate changes and I too was fooled by the advertised "24/7 heart rate tracking".... It's tracked alright, you just can't see it!

Thanks

Nick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I’m Neil, the developer of the heart rate data exporter application Pulse Watch https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html . No API configuration required for you (I will do it for you!), just sign into Fitbit.

Let me know what you think. I’m open to developing new features! 

Cheers!

Pulse Watch, export your Fitbit heart rate data
https://iccir919.github.io/pulseWatch/public/index.html
Best Answer

I signed up but when I choose "Interday" the next screen doesn't allow me to enter dates for the time period. I tried clicking "get the data" anyway and no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It definitely shouldn't be this hard. I just want to know my maximum recorded heart rate and my minimum resting heart rate in the time I have been using fitbit, without clicking through every activity or downloading and coding!! But thanks for the link with all the helpful steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Neil, thank you very much for pulse watch. Could you put the fitbit id on the chart somewhere? There are two of us, and we want to make sure we don't get the graphs mixed up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

**ahem**,. thread is g etting old. I checked your pulse app and happy to see it still up. Exactly what I want to do (ish), I'd like to get my info into a process that it automatically downloads it. 

I'm looking at using an asp.net stack. 

Would you be able to share your code? Once I get mine refined/finalized I would share. Just hoping you can give me a jump start. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to create an asp.net platform that can be shared but for me I will host my data and instance for myself. 

I agree, data should be accessible, so if I can create a project to share, where the users can just put in their info, and host their own data, we would be empowering people. 

Not everyone's a developer, so the project you have up is perfect for those. I just am one of those developers that like to go deeper. Possess my own data automatically etc etc. 

my email is dotnetcoder@live.ca

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks but I have moved away from FitBit to Garmin.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, that is really nice of you to share

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Neil,

I just discovered your software. I'm running a research study with 178 women and would like to get minute by minute HR data for several days in a row. It seems like you only have the ability to do that for a single day (so would take a long time to do 14 separate days for 178 accounts). Is that a possible new feature? 

Thanks,

Amy

Best Answer
0 Votes