Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit the distance efter running a treadmill run.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would like to edit the distance when running on an treadmill. I use the ionics treadmill mode but the distance is way of. On a 10k run it is of by 2.2k shorter.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

The recorded exercise cannot be edited, but you can change your profile Stride Length to adjust the calculated distance.  In the Treadmill mode the distance is a calculated number based on the number of steps by the stride length.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I know but. It would be a great and simple feature to be able to edit the distance after running on a treadmill. 

A feature we would love to se from what i can se in all the community posts.

Best Answer

That is not likely to happen any  time soon, as it would totally destroy the ability to have honest challenges.  If users could edit their steps or distances, the challenges dashboard would change on the fly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But surely it's more important to have accurate distanceses. The challenges är secundary in My opinion. The greatest opponent is yourself 😁

Best Answer

I have been searching the same question.  I use MapMyRun as my primary tracker and have to manually log any treadmill runs (which are more frequent in the winter).  Tracking distance on treadmills is really inaccurate anyway and a manual entry on the Fitbit app should be allowed.  Not sure why this has not changed.  

Best Answer