Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical activity wasn't tracked complete

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Been using my Fitbit Ionic for a few months and very satisfied (for the most part). I use the elliptical 5 times a week and usually just begin the workout and it’s tracked, however today after doing an hour my Fitbit notes I only completed 28 minutes. Is this the norm as I haven’t experienced this before - found to be very reliable up to today. Any advice on how to ensure the elliptical is tracked in its entirety as I don’t see an elliptical option for manual setting. Appreciate the advice in advance.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Pinchers Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

It's pretty weird that your Elliptical activity shown as 28 minutes when you actually did an hour of activity. You could track the activity using SmartTrack or you could manually add it to your exercise shortcuts.

SmartTrack recognizes an exercise that lasts at least 15 minutes. If your activities aren't recognized, lower the auto-exercise recognition setting to 10 minutes. Check this article for more information: How do I track my activity with my Fitbit device? 

Also, you could try adding Elliptical to your exercise shortcuts by doing the following:

1. Tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Exercise Shortcuts.
  3. To add a new exercise shortcut, tap the + icon and select an exercise. 
  4. To remove an exercise shortcut, swipe left on a shortcut (on Windows 10, tap the trashcan icon).
  5. To reorder an exercise shortcut, press and hold a shortcut, then drag it up or down to change its position.
  6. Sync your device.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes