Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error connecting to Ionic after checking Wallet tile

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to check my wallet and from the fitbit app on my mobile i clicked on wallet was prompted for pin which i entered only to see message  "error connecting to iconic " 

You can onky imagine how surprised I was !?? Device playing up , impossible?

Anyway I went through some logical steps and confirmed my wifi connection and bluetooth to device and phone and all good. Should i factory reset, unpair -repaur ? Any help much appreciated.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hey there @Paul102620, it's nice to see you around the forums! Thanks for already troubleshooting this, nice way to go! 

If you enter an incorrect PIN code 10 times, you're prompted to unlock your Fitbit watch with your paired phone.

User-added image

To unlock your watch with your phone:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 

Note that after you reset your PIN code, you must add your cards to Fitbit Pay as if you were setting it up for the first time.

If the steps above don't work, please turn off everything that is Bluetooth enabled.  Tablets, PC, other phones. Wireless headphones hanging around - power off.  You don't want any stray 'signals' effecting this process.  Then, remove your Ionic from your phone.

• Go to the phone's Bluetooth settings and remove your Ionic from there
  • Then, open up the Fitbit app on your phone.
  • Select the 'account' icon in top right corner of screen.
  • This shows "your account", which should have your Ionic under 'Devices'.
  • Select "+ set up a device".
  • Replace Ionic. You will need to agree that you are indeed replacing your Ionic on next screen.
  • Continue through all instructions.  You are basically pretending to add a 'new' watch to this app.  Follow all instructions.  You will get a 4-digit code to input during the process (this is not the 'unlock' code).  

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I have the right PIN , I enter it a dozen times a day. It confirms PIN THEN
gives error message I described.
Anywho....restart phone, unpair, pair hold my left foot against my cheek
and finally it works.

I love the forums , I spend more time here than using my device.
Paul
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm glad to hear that it finally works! Smiley Very Happy 

Hope to see you @Paul102620 participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with. I'm always around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I had this problem too. I just restarted my phone and it fixed the problem.

Best Answer

Hi I've tried this fix and it isn't working. Phone is samsung galaxy S8. Tried restarting phone a couple of times, restarting fitbit, reinstalling app and the fix you have suggested, no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have this issue and cannot update my credit card details since changing credit cards many weeks ago. I've tried shutting down and restarting both the Fitbit, the Phone, deleting the app, clearing cache, etc. 

Any ideas?

Ionic Watch + Samsung S9 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem and have tried all these "fixes" 😞 

Ionic Watch + Samsung S9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine working by resetting my PIN Cod. It never let me reset correctly, however i just typed a wrong code in 10 times or something and then it locked it and allowed me to reset after that.

I then followed the advice as above.:
To unlock your watch with your phone:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap or click Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to reset your PIN code. 

Note that after you reset your PIN code, you must add your cards to Fitbit Pay as if you were setting it up for the first time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same problem with my Iconic.  I have gone through the procedure to re set up my Iconic but when it gets to the stage for "enter the number on your Iconic's display" I cannot proceed as my Iconic continues to display "unlock with your phone" and I cannot access the four digit code I need to enter into my phone.  A classic catch 22.  Can you help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

same problem. Cannot update credit cards.

Best Answer
0 Votes