Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise: No elliptical?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well, this is GREAT!  The main exercise I do is an elliptical machine.  My Charge 2 shows that, all the time.  Great, wonderful.  But on the Ionic ----  there is no such thing.  I intend to continue using my elliptical machine, so do I need to go back to my Charge 2 in order to show any activity from it?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's in the list, just not by default. 

On the Ionic settings page, scroll down to "exercise shortcuts" and click on that. Remove one exercise you won't be using by swiping left on it. Then in the top right corner there is a plus "+" which you can click that opens a list of other exercises you can add. In that list is your elliptical. Reorder as you wish and then sync again. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

It's in the list, just not by default. 

On the Ionic settings page, scroll down to "exercise shortcuts" and click on that. Remove one exercise you won't be using by swiping left on it. Then in the top right corner there is a plus "+" which you can click that opens a list of other exercises you can add. In that list is your elliptical. Reorder as you wish and then sync again. 

Best Answer

Geez, tried to reply, and got two "solved" entries.  Apologies for the double post.  Indeed, I had already stumbled onto that, though in the online Dashboard settings.  Now we'll get to see how well it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Elliptical isn't a shortcut I can even add on my ionic.  😞  it says i have all 7 shortcuts in use already,  and elliptical is not a choice.   It shows as an exercise that's supposed to be auto recognized after 10 minutes,  but it never recognizes it.  Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh goodness!   I reread and figured it out!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you talking about the settings on the App or the Watch itself.  I can't seem to find what you are talking about on my Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Use the App to define the list of 7 shortcuts on the watch. This is really silly, just put all of them on the watch already.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I was looking at the App and didn't see that I could scroll down to "Exercise shortcuts"

Best Answer
0 Votes

*Deleted*

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you open the fitbit app, click on the picture of your fitbit ionic at the top, then scroll down and follow the directions above, deleting an activity or two, and then hit the plus at the top to add elliptical. I also added hiking (had to delete another activity).

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have done as you suggested and added elliptical, my Iconic has synced, but "elliptical " does not appear as a choice on my watch itself? What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you sync it to your watch? Mine is showing up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd call fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes