Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook messenger notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I love the Fitbit ionic I think having messanger notifications would be great cause that’s what I get massages on the most would really be great thank u 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey guys, @Zavvy @JJD89 it's nice to see you both around! Smiley Very Happy As my friend @Rich_Laue has stated previously, you can receive Facebook notifications and Messenger messages. Do you still having this inconveniences of not getting that type of notifications on your Ionic watches?

Since you Ionic can receive app notifications, make sure you can receive app notifications on your phone. For example, you can receive Facebook notifications on your Fitbit device, but only if you also receive them on your phone. Find the notifications permissions on iOS under Settings > Notifications and use the same settings you used for Messages and for Android under Sound and notification. Also, on Android phone make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone? 

Now, to set up notifications in the Fitbit app for iOS:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications. If you're prompted to pair your Fitbit device, follow the on-screen instructions. 
  3. Turn each notification category on or off depending on your preferences. If you want to see calendar notifications, make sure any other calendar apps are synced with your default calendar app. Only the default app sends notifications.  
  4. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and select "Facebook" or "Messenger". If an installed app is missing from the list, sync your device and then check again. 
  5. Sync your device.

But if you're on Android, let's do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Tap the type of notification you'd like to receive (Text Messages, Calendar Events, Emails, or App Notifications), and make sure it's turned on.
  4. Choose which apps can send notifications to your Fitbit device. For example, if you'd rather see text messages from WhatsApp than Messages, change the Text messaging (SMS) app setting. (You can only choose one app per category.) This list shows the most common apps for these features:
    • Phone app—Dialer
    • Text messaging (SMS) app—Messages
    • Calendar app—Calendar
    • Email—Email
  5. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and select "Facebook" or "Messenger".
  6. If you receive messages in a language that doesn't use the Latin alphabet, for example Cyrillic or Arabic languages, your messages may not appear properly on your Fitbit device. To automatically convert unsupported characters into the closest Latin equivalent, tap Enable Transliteration.
  7. Sync your device. 

You're done setting up. Notifications should appear on your device when it's near your phone (about 30 feet). 

PS: I've moved the original post from the Feature Suggestion board to Ionic since this feature is available. Here you can have support with anything related to your tracker. 

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I get Facebook messages on my ionic. 

It is under app notifications. 

Best Answer

It would be a great idea if the Fitbit ionic could receive Facebook messages not just text and calls as a lot more people use that now, I got a cheap fitness tracker and that used to give me the notifications but spending all the money on the ionic and there isn't even an app for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not knowing what phone you have @JJD89 please see my previous post. With android and iOS you have this option, I'm not sure about windows phones. 

Best Answer

Hey guys, @Zavvy @JJD89 it's nice to see you both around! Smiley Very Happy As my friend @Rich_Laue has stated previously, you can receive Facebook notifications and Messenger messages. Do you still having this inconveniences of not getting that type of notifications on your Ionic watches?

Since you Ionic can receive app notifications, make sure you can receive app notifications on your phone. For example, you can receive Facebook notifications on your Fitbit device, but only if you also receive them on your phone. Find the notifications permissions on iOS under Settings > Notifications and use the same settings you used for Messages and for Android under Sound and notification. Also, on Android phone make sure the Fitbit app is allowed to run in the background on your phone. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone? 

Now, to set up notifications in the Fitbit app for iOS:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications. If you're prompted to pair your Fitbit device, follow the on-screen instructions. 
  3. Turn each notification category on or off depending on your preferences. If you want to see calendar notifications, make sure any other calendar apps are synced with your default calendar app. Only the default app sends notifications.  
  4. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and select "Facebook" or "Messenger". If an installed app is missing from the list, sync your device and then check again. 
  5. Sync your device.

But if you're on Android, let's do the following:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap Notifications.
  3. Tap the type of notification you'd like to receive (Text Messages, Calendar Events, Emails, or App Notifications), and make sure it's turned on.
  4. Choose which apps can send notifications to your Fitbit device. For example, if you'd rather see text messages from WhatsApp than Messages, change the Text messaging (SMS) app setting. (You can only choose one app per category.) This list shows the most common apps for these features:
    • Phone app—Dialer
    • Text messaging (SMS) app—Messages
    • Calendar app—Calendar
    • Email—Email
  5. If your Fitbit device can receive notifications from other apps on your phone, tap App Notifications and select "Facebook" or "Messenger".
  6. If you receive messages in a language that doesn't use the Latin alphabet, for example Cyrillic or Arabic languages, your messages may not appear properly on your Fitbit device. To automatically convert unsupported characters into the closest Latin equivalent, tap Enable Transliteration.
  7. Sync your device. 

You're done setting up. Notifications should appear on your device when it's near your phone (about 30 feet). 

PS: I've moved the original post from the Feature Suggestion board to Ionic since this feature is available. Here you can have support with anything related to your tracker. 

Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Got it that's great thank you so much for that, I never noticed that before only had it a week so still playing around with it 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

My pleasure @JJD89! I'm happy to hear you're getting Facebook notifications now! Smiley Very Happy

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

See you around my friend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone,

I am on iOS 11.2.5 and my app notification list is empty.. I have already tried to uninstall/reinstall messenger and facebook but still empty 😞

Any idea?

Thanks,

Adrien

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have Ionic and iphone X.  I am receiving Text messages but not FB Messenger.  I have the same notification settings for FB and Messenger on my phone as for Messages.  In Fitbit App, under Notifications, App Notifications = 0.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Messenger, and have synced FitBit many times.  I'm clearly missing something and hope you can help.  Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I seem to have solved my own issue.  Turned Off all notifications Messenger and Facebook.  Turned off all Notifications Fitbit.  Synced device.  Turned all back on.  Synced, and now FB and Messenger appear in App Notifications.  Along with Uber btw.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah but no.  I am still not receiving Messenger notifications on Ionic, even though Messenger and FB have now been selected in App Notifications.  I do receive Messenger notifications on my phone. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is definitely something wrong with FB notifications and my ionic. My watch will vibrate when I get a new message but the message isn't on the watch .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit Alta HR and I tried the change my notifications but it dose not give me a option for Facebook or massager can you help? 

Best Answer

as for as I'm aware of @jbond84 that is true. 

Not knowing which phone that you have, Fitbit Notifications may work. 

Best Answer

Does anyone know if you can get fb or fb messenger notifications on the versa 2 ? I can’t seem to find how to make it work ?! Thanks ! 

Best Answer

I get FB notifications every day. 

Best Answer

I did everything and since the last Versa update my messenger notifications stopped working... Do I really need to factory reset it again? 😥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see no reason to do the factory reset the first time @SunsetRunner.  

The Facebook Messenger problem most likely has nothing to do with the tracker but with settings on the phone or the Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with Mi MIX_1 

1) I reinstalled app

2) Deleted cache after new install

3) Allow to vibrate on silent

4) Turn on/off/on notifications permissions

5) Given all permissions to app and locked to be always working and also added permission to autostart

6) Battery optimization off

Still not working BUT it was working in past! Stopped after the recent fitbit update, that update was in November or October...

I do not know what to do...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't work for me I have had to factory reset mine twice in a year just to get regular messages and phone calls to vibrate but no matter what it seems it won't send me my Facebook messages anymore and I tried your answer but it still didn't work.  Thinking about switching to a more reliable smart watch. I loved this one at 1st but now just tired of dealing with it. It shouldn't be this effort to get notifications but thanks for the advice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes