Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a Versa 3 as a replacement for the Ionic.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After 6 year of purchasing Fitbits top of the line product. I had to use the warranty of my Fitbit Ionic that I bought 4 months ago. I submitted all the information that Fitbit asked for. Later that day I received an email that they sent out a Versa 3 as the replacement. The Ionic valued at $300 and the Versa 3 values at $229. Their response is that the Ionic is discontinued and the Versa has more functions. I don't understand how a company feels that they can send you a lower valued product as a warranty item. I have been trying to get an equal valued item for the last week. Every time I call, they tell me I will get an email within 24 hours. I just want people to know how their warranty works prior to you making the same mistake I did by purchasing their products.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I am on my 4th IONIC.  Versa 3 seems to be a better replacement than the new SENSE.. These things just don't seem to last and they do zero if you are out of warranty... however they did offer a discount code

Best Answer

Hello @Djolson1984 and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit is correct when they told you that the Ionic was discontinued.  The actual Ionic replacement was the original Versa, also discontinued.  I know of many instances in electronics where a later model was less expensive than the original.  I think that Fitbit offered the best alternative to a discontinued item under warranty.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm glad that you feel this was the best option, I however don't. When I
got this Ionic the Versa 3 was selling for $120. This is how people are
taken advantage of and it isn't right.
Best Answer
I dont want the Versa or the sense. I want the Ionic that I paid for. I
like the how it looks. I only got this Ionic 4 months ago and bought an
extended warranty with it. Them offering me a discount code for something I
don't want isnt taking care of their customers.
Best Answer

@LZeeW Nice to se you here. Thank you for your message. 

@Djolson1984 , A warm welcome to the Community ! Thank you for your message and feedback. 

I get where you come from, maybe you are confused by the price tag. 

Even if the Versa 3 cost (now) less than the Ionic when it was available, doesn't mean it worst. 

We keep developing our technology and in that Sense the Versa 3 are more advance than the Ionic. 

As for every electronic device where the technology gets better and cheaper, future products are also having a lower price tag, with a better technology. Take as an example cell phones and tv. The more advance they get, the better the technology the more affordable they get. 

If you are not satisfied with the resolution of your case, please contact Support back, and let them know, so that they can see if they can do anything for you. 

See you around.  

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not confused. I understand how technology works. I bought the Ionic 4 months ago because I prefer the look of it. If I would've wanted the Versa 3 I would have purchased it instead of the Ionic. The value of the Versa 3 was $229 then but it was on sale for $120. The features are only one part of the watch. 

How would you feel if you bought a Toyota Tunda? It fails a few months later and new models of the Tacoma came out with better features because that is how technology works. So Toyota just decided to send you the Tacoma as a replacement. Then they tell you that the value of your product was less now so this is what you get. However it has better features so your just confused. That the Tacoma is better.  

I understand that would never happen because Toyota wouldn't get away with it. It's crazy to me that Fitbit thinks that's how things work. 

Best Answer

@Djolson1984 , Thank you for your reply and further feedback. 

Please be asure that your comment didn't go unnoticed. 

I recommend you to keep working with Support so that they can have a closer look at your case. 

See you around

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got an email saying the Ionic was on recall and while waiting for my refund I bought a verse and am very disappointed and the more reports I read the more I am determined to not buy fitbit anymore.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Their warranty sucks. I only had mine for 4 months and they didn't give me
equal replacement. After 3 years, it's time to buy a new one unless you had
an extended warranty with some where.
Best Answer
0 Votes