Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory resetting an Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just bought a new Ionic. I was attempting to set up a PIN code. This worked, but when I tried to get get set up Wallet, the app kept saying there was an error when connecting to the Ionic. I tried to factory reset the Ionic, and now it is sitting there saying "data not cleared.Sync and try again". Syncing is out to 2 hrs now, so I'm assuming that is NOT working. Any help folks?

Best Answer
0 Votes
30 REPLIES 30

Just got my New Ionic tonight and can’t get past clock error 

getting a bit frustrated now!  

Best Answer

The site is down. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Buzz74, there is currently an error in updating that some users are experiencieng but Fitbit are aware and working on a fix asap.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I also have this problem. My watch stopped syncing a few days ago, so I tried updating the OS.  Now I'm stuck with the Clock Error and I can't do a factory reset to try updating again.  Can't load a clock face either because I get an "unable to install" error.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Falconry and @Mtlguy

I'd like to take a closer look at the situation. Could you share some pictures and screen shots of what you are seeing? That way I'd be able to find the very best way to move forward.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Thank you, the issue was resolved.  The Fitbit site was down, so that was the reason why I couldn't see my apps and clock faces.

Best Answer
Has come right now. Was problem at Fitbit server

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I got it working.  I had to do a factory reset as per these instructions: https://factory-reset.com/wiki/Ionic

Then I reloaded the software to the watch.  Notifications took about an hour or so after install to start working which is weird. But seems ok now.

Best Answer

Hello @Mtlguy@Falconry and @Mike1268

Glad to read that everything is now working correctly for all of you. 

If you have the time, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other Forum members. Hope to see you around there.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting disgusted with the Ionic

For the money  it shouldn't need a reset to communicate with the app.  If they dont get it fixed I will be changing soon!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Velocityman.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, I definitely see how this can be frustrating.

After doing it once, hopefully, it shouldn't happen again. Please do keep your eyes open and let us know if there are any further questions.

Be sure to visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about.

Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes