Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Farewell Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After a month dealing with the issue with my Ionic, Costumer support contacted me and gave me 2 possible solutions:

1 - a new Fitbit ionic

2 - Full refund for my ionic.

I went with option number 2, and after returning my broken ionic, they issue me with a full refund.

now I know many of you are wondering how did I do that, considering the fact that I was no longer in warranty, and my original ionic was already replaced.

here is what I did:

1 - write on this forum. No solution for me here.

2- Contact costumer support: No acceptable solution: 40% coupon discount...

3- Sent a complain in Fitbit website: no response

4- Sent another email to: James Park and all executives I found for Fitbit on google with the following letter:

"

Dear Mr. Park,

My very first experience with a band tracker was with one of your products Fitbit Ionic, after evaluating options and saving money I was able to buy it and I was absolutely pleased with the performance of my Ionic, I was proud of it, showed to my friends and family and bragged with it while swimming in out pool and at my community center where I go to do some laps, sleep tracking is an amazing feature, I was so pleased with my ionic that I would never take it off, only for charging it, loved the battery performance, for me my ionic was one of my most valuables possessions and useful things.

16 months after using it I decided to activate the payment option, I set a pin number to it and all was ok in the beginning but one day my toddler daughter locked it after many attempts to put a password incorrectly. Followed act I tried to unlock it but there was no success with my phone app and then called immediately customer support, I was impressed at the beginning with all the walkthrough you team did and even more please when they told me that they would send me a replacement.

This was in April this year, all went good with the replacement but, I no longer would trust the wallet feature due to the past pin issue, so decided not to do anything to the watch than basic functions.

On July 11 this year, this new ionic stopped syncing with my phone app, once again tried all I could following your forum advices to similar problems from other users, but nothing worked; Called again costumer support and they guided me to a factory reset. In the beginning all went fine, phone got connected again and finished the call when done, after completing the reset the phone app indicated that I needed to update the firmware, which I started doing but in the middle of the upgrade my ionic went black screen and never rebooted, phone showed a communication issue and that was the end of Fitbit ionic. Called again costumer service and nothing was possible to do to make it reboot.

Bottom line they told me they could not replace it because: one it was no longer in warranty and two I already got one ionic replaced. Instead they offered me a discount coupon to buy a new one.

Now, I wanted to tell you, all these failures were not my fault, they were caused by issues in the Ionic software, that are leaving hundreds of users like me with burned watches, people who are leaving your brand because your company don’t give a satisfactory answer to your defective products. You don’t offer even a repair option and believe me, for something I paid $300 I would like to get it fixed, but no, your best solution is a coupon to buy something that potentially has the same defect than the one before. that is simple unacceptable for your clients.

The Fitbit Ionic forum is flooded with complains from users, who believed in the quality of your products and got disappointed. I’m truly glad the you’ve chosen to do watches and not medical equipment’s or cars Mr. Park. At least you are responsible only for disappointing costumers only.

I was a loyal costumer to your brand Mr. Park, but your company and your products let me down.

Farewell Mr. Park, I used to admire your achievements, now I realized that you scammed all of us with your low-quality products.

"

Few hours later I was contacted by costumer support executive relations, to solve my discontent.

I got my money back, and now closing the chapter with Fitbit for good. Moving on to my next tracker.

Will I miss the features on my Ionic for sure, but its low quality disappointed me.

will be closing my account after this post, and uninstalling Fitbit app from my Phone.

Good luck to all.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I just wrote an email to the execs as well! Thanks for the advice. I've got the disposable income to buy a new one but I told them that honestly it's events like this that will drive good customers to other products that are more expensive. Why would I spend another $200+ on a device that failed within 15 months due to a software upgrade, right?

Best Answer

I just wanted to let you all know that the Fitbit Ionic is still having issues. Its October 2019 and no one is wanting to help me out. I have be a customer for the past six years. I have owned four different Fitbit devices. When calling customer service they are unwilling to help. Wednesday October 9, 2019 I put my Ionic on the charger like I always do. Woke up Thursday never looked to see if it charged. Put it on my wrist went to work. Taught Spin class like I always do. About 11 am looked at it and noticed that it was not charged. I called customer service whom stated that i was out of warranty. They did send me a new charging cable. And it didn't work at all.  I really need help in what I need to do to get this replaced. My Fitbit was working great no issues at all and then not working at all. I am so at a lost. Any information will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit did the same thing. Don’t call costumer service because they are no help. I went and purchased an Apple Watch for half the money and it does more than my Ionic ever did. I was a loyal Fitbit customer and didn’t get treated like so. I would say cut your loses and buy something else. I’m sorry you are having issues with your as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ladyfrost  you want help or are you leaving Fitbit? You've said both, so it's a bit confusing. Customer service can be contacted again and you can make your case there.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

8 hrs ago I was going to give Fitbit another try. But customer service is crappy. So I have moved on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry @Ladyfrost 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Frank, That's a sad case, however, maybe the execs need to kick a few backsides in the tech, repair and communications departments.  1.  if there was/is a great problem with the technical side, that's the first kick for not coming up with a solution.  2.  If there is no place where the product can be repaired, and the offer is made to replace it, that's admitting that there is a tech fault and that should be 3...  communicated to all Ionic users.  The idea that there a recurring faults of the same type is a real issue for the Techs that gave the all clear, that is an issue for R&D.  

I had problems with my Ionic after swimming and my Ionic was replaced.  I take it off now when I swim, however that's a cop-out on my part, however I am waiting till the penny drops and someone communicates with me that the swimming issue has been fixed.

Why is there a forum if no-one is listening, only customers with grumbles.  My advice to the FitBit mob is to read these comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with your statement. Someone should be held responsible for the Ionic’s not working 100% like promised.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your comment....Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes