Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback about Ionic

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The retail price of a Fitbit Ionic is $249.95. 

My Ionic of less than 2 years has just completely died, rendered a total loss by customer support. All they have offered is a 25% discount to purchase another $250 watch that they can't guarantee won't die under 2 years (unless you pay another $60 to extend the warranty another year with a $30 deductible).
I understand the warranty only covers 1 year, but shouldn't you expect a $250 watch to last longer than that?
This is such a bummer. I loved what this watch did and now it's complete toast and I am without recourse.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@NathanYorkJr It's great to see you on the Community. I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with your Fitbit Ionic and the option you were given. 

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the quality of Fitbit devices. It is particularly difficult when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I think it's horrible. I had my brand new Ionic (November, 2017) replaced in June or July of 2018 for dying. This past week, my 2nd Ionic just died, mid-jog. I was shocked and reached out to customer service for assistance. Same offer was extended to me. I've lost confidence in the Ionic's longevity and I honestly felt we should have been offered a much better discount. I'm trying out a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2 right now. It may not have Fitbit behind it and may not have the battery life of the Ionic but hopefully this watch will last. I'm terribly disappointed with Fitbit right now and I'm not sure I'll go back!

Best Answer

It's nice that you guys adhere to a legally mandated warranty, but that doesn't mean that the 1 year warranty plus a few months should be the life span of a $250 watch. It sounds pretty evident that Fitbit hiding behind the warranty as some sort of safety which is shady for a company to do, to say the least. I know from other forums that people in the EU, while disappointed by it's short shelf life, have gotten replacements for this faulty product because the legally mandated warranty there is longer. Lucky them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given how they have all responded with "BUT THE WARRANTY IS OVER" I'm shipping out, too. Even on this thread, they feel as though that should be enough of a cover for them. They clearly don't care to have products that last longer than 12 months if you live in the US, where that is the minimum legally required warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have had this happen. Have had my ionic for just over a year, 2 days ago it has decided to not hold its charge. Used to get 4 days out of the battery am

now having to charge twice a day. Have contacted customer service and have not received a reply. This seems to be a regular occurrence with this product by the looks of the forum, not good when you pay good money for something you expect it to last longer than a year. Up until now I have loved this watch and other Fitbit products I have used since 2014. Have lost confidence with the brand now and will not be purchasing another product by this brand. 

Best Answer
0 Votes