Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get 'spin' setting on Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I have just bought an Ionic for myself for Christmas, and I was dissapointed to see the lack of an indoor biking setting when on the workout menu. I know that the blaze has something like this available and I was just wondering if there was any way to get it onto the Ionic, as I like the style and other features of the ionic. I just don't understand why it is so hard to do an indoor biking setting on the ionic 🙂 so any clarification or help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Milliomilo you need to change the exercise shortcuts on the accounts page of the Fitbit app on your phone. If you've already got seven, you'll need to delete one (via the edit option) and then add the spinning option.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@Milliomilo you need to change the exercise shortcuts on the accounts page of the Fitbit app on your phone. If you've already got seven, you'll need to delete one (via the edit option) and then add the spinning option.

Best Answer

Fitbit devices have a shortcut list of 7 workouts. You need to open Fitbit app or web dashboard to change the list. So from the Fitbit app you can remove one of the shortcuts, and add "Spinning" for your stationary bike workouts.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1980/

Hope that helps.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

On my apps for ionic it doesn't have a spinning app to download. I've deleted 1 of my 7  apps thinking a spin app would appear, but nothing. Very disappointed knowing you pay close to $300 and it doesn't track your spinning miles, etc..

Best Answer

After you have deleted one of your exercises you should be able to hit the plus sign on the top right of the screen and choose from there 

Best Answer
I did thank you:) all fixed now 🙂 just wish that they showed how to do it
on the app itself! 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you do get the spin thing on your app it doesn't track your miles anyway. Maybe there will be things in the future:)

@Back2cali wrote:

On my apps for ionic it doesn't have a spinning app to download. I've deleted 1 of my 7  apps thinking a spin app would appear, but nothing. Very disappointed knowing you pay close to $300 and it doesn't track your spinning miles, etc..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Milliomilo wrote:

If you do get the spin thing on your app it doesn't track your miles anyway. Maybe there will be things in the future:)

@Back2cali wrote:

I thought the whole point of spinning was cardio-vascular workout, focusing on calorie burn rather than distance travelled 🙂 That said, to measure distance you have to actually go somewhere, something not really possible on an indoor bike, unless you have a setup that allows psuedo-gps routes, in which case you can take the distance from that.

Best Answer
You're totally right:) but sometimes it's a nice stat to have. The bikes I
use record distance. But I don't use it for anything 🙂 the outdoor bike
function does have GPS though:)
Best Answer

Regardless I love a good spin/cycle and I would still like to see the distance whether I'm inside/out on my fitbit. So far I've been pleased with my sleep, swim, weights, interval, and workout stats. It's just lacks if it's indoor cycling at the gym.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that it doesn't track, but how and where, lol is the spin app for Ionic. I'm looking and haven't seen anything. can you take a screenshot of icon and post it? Maybe that will help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do agree. There is a spin setting on the excercise app though that does
me very nicely:)
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don't know if I can attach screenshots. I will try. But here is a list:
1. Go to fitbit app
2. Click on your device
3. Go to exercise shortcuts
4. In the list of 7 activities, swipe left to delete any ones you don't
need or want
5. This will cause a '+' to appear in top right corner
6. Tap that and choose new exercise type from list
Best Answer

Thanks, for this info....I have been on this for like days

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant delete any of the preset exercises from the app. I want to add spinning as one of the auto detect exercise on my Ionic device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cant delete any exercise. When you hold on any auto exercises, a screens opens where you can swipe a button for 'auto-recognize'.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips

Best Answer
0 Votes